The News

Ronnie finally came back home from tour he doesn't realize how much we missed him! Our baby girl was crying in the crib so I went to go wake her up. "It's ok shh." I whispered cradling her. She kept crying at four am it's so annoying sometimes. But the best thing to do is keep her calm. No matter what o did she kept crying and frustrating me even more. "What's wrong baby?" Maybe she's sick? I felt her forehead and it was warm. "Oh no!" I rushed to Ronnie and woke up up. He groaned still with his eyes closed. "What?" He complained. "Willow is sick, it's an emergency." Ronnie got out of bed and put on some shoes. I got the car seat for the baby. "Alright I'll start the car!" He said walking like a zombie. "Hurry the fuck up! My baby is not well!" Getting into panic mode. Ronnie get in the car as fast as he could and I sat in the back with the baby. "You'll be ok." I owned the window to cool her off a little. We parked in the hospital and we both quickly tried to find the doctor. "Hi my baby had a fever we need to take her to the emergent room. She's really burning up!" The lady at the front desk went into the office where the doctor was and he came right away. "Right this way Mr and Misses Radke." The Doctor took Willow in his arms and went into the medical room to check in on her doing test. "We'll be out shortly just wait outside please." I nodded and we both sat down. Ronnie held my hand. "Do you think she'll be ok?" He looked into my eyes. "Pssh nothing going to happen we're the Radke's just stay strong." I went with what he said. "Ok." I slept on Ronnie's shoulder. He stayed awake worried. An hour passed and the doctor hadn't come out of the emergency room yet. "What's taking him so damn long?" He asked to himself. I woke up thinking Willow would be out right now. "How is she?" Yawning. "I don't know, it's been an hour and the doctor hasn't come out yet." I started to get ready eyed. "No no baby no tears. Remember nothing bad will happen. Just go back to sleep." As he stroked my head. " I did as I was told. Ronnie gently puts my head on the chair he sat in and storms into the emergency room. "Listen pal you're making my girlfriend worried. I can't have her sit here and wait to long. What's going on?" He whisper yelled glaring at the doctor. "Her fever still hasn't gone down yet. We are still working on it sir. I have her some medicine to turn down the temperature. It's hotter then normal." Ronnie looked down at Willow crying. "It's gonna be ok baby girl. Just keep holding on." He kissed her head before walking out of the doctors. "Oh Ronnie what should we do?" I can see the stress on his face. "The doc said her fever hasn't went down yet. She took medicine but that's about it so far. And the doc also said that the fever is hotter then normal." Ronnie hummed a tune his voice was just so comforting. "Uh Mr Radke? May I speak to you alone for one minute?" A big lump formed in Ronnie's throat and swallowed it thinking about what he would say. "Yes?" He stuttered. "Um Mr, Radke I know we did the medicine, put a cold pack on her head. And I'm sorry we tried everything. But she's at home now." The doctor twirled his thumbs. "What?" He couldn't even believe what he heard. "She's dead." His whole world stopped and looked at baby Willow not breathing just her eyes closed. "Willow? Hi it's Daddy. I don't know how to tell your mother what happened. She would be devastated. You're mother is asleep I'll tell her when I get home." His heart sank deeper and deeper. "I'm sorry Mr. Radke." Putting his hand on his shoulder. "I should be more sorry." Ronnie slightly smiles when he sees me awake. "So?"I asked. "The doctor says that she is going to have to spend the night here until she feels better." I nodded my head and we drove back home. I know that my girl is just as disappointed as me right now. "Babe?" I turned toward him. "Yes?" Holding his hand as we sat on the couch. "Do you think I'm a good father?" I laughed and giggled. "You are the BEST father in the world. Nobody could ever replace you. Why would you ask such a silly question?" Ronnie seemed very fidgety and nervous. "Oh just curious!" He said in a high pitched voice. "Ronnie I can tell when there's something wrong. What's up?" Ronnie sighed. "Ok I know you love Willow as much as I do. And we are both very good parents and she knows that too. But I don't know how to tell you this but. Our baby girl isn't coming back." His voice cracked. "Ronnie!" I cried into his arms. "I know, I know. I felt the same way when the doc told me."