Chapter 1

“Come…I am here now,” said a distant women’s voice. I walked towards the voice.

    “Who are you?” I cried. 

    “All you need to know… Is that I’m here…,” she whispered. I heard her footsteps walk away from me until I heard nothing but a faint breeze. 

   “Hey! Dude you alright,” Shouted Axel.  

    “Oh! Yah of course,” I said practically jumping out of my seat.

     “You fell asleep in class again…not that that’s a surprise to any of us! Good thing Mr. Stewart wasn’t in the classroom,” laughed Amber. Amber was sitting on a desk next to mine while Axel was standing next to her.

     “Well, it’s not like you never fall asleep in class Amber,” Axel said humorously.

     “What’s that Axel,” Amber said with slight anger. Amber back handed him in the face. 

     ‘Hey! What was that for,” shrieked Axel

    “That was for your sheer stupidity,” Said Amber. I laughed as they started to argue over who’s more stupid than the other. I felt a sharp pain in my neck and I glanced out the window next to my desk. I saw a girl. She was wearing the girl’s school uniform and, had long black hair. 

    “Who’s that,” I asked my still arguing friends. My friends both stopped arguing and glanced at who I was looking at.

     “Oh, that’s the new transfer student” stated Amber.

    “Does someone have a crush on the new girl,” Axel asked tauntingly. 

    “Well...she’s pretty” I said. I looked out the window and the girl was sitting on the bench next to the outside of one of the entrances to the school.

     “Maybe I can hook you guys up she’s in my Algebra class,” Axel said. “Riiinng…riiinnnng!”

    “Well that’s the bell see you guys tomorrow,” said Amber while walking out the class door. I glanced out of the window before going and, the girl was gone. 

    “Hey Damien,” Axel shouted right before I exited the door, “Want to go to the usual, 4:00?”

    “Uhh… sure,” I said hesitantly. 

    “Awesome! See you then, oh and don’t forget your phone this time! Remember your mom freaked,” Axel laughed as we walked out the door and went our separate ways. Axel’s locker was on the other side of the school then mine, and his was near our literature class. Axel and I had two classes together, Literature and AP chemistry. Amber also has AP chemistry with us. My other friends Tonya and Blake don’t have classes with me but, they were in some of my classes last year.  

     I turned around the corner to the hall that leads me to my locker. 

     “That girl…she’s– “I said under my breath until I was cut off by my friend.

     “Oops! Sorry Damien I’m kind of in a hurry,” Tonya exclaimed sounding a little uneasy while helping me pick up my stuff that she knocked out my hand. 

    “It’s cool,” I said, “you okay?” She looked up at me and I could tell she was sweating a little. She looked back down and continued to pick up the rest of my stuff.

    “It’s nothing to worry about… just school stuff…” she said trailing off. I knew something was up but, I wasn’t going to stress her anymore then she already was. 

    “Okay, if you say so,” I said.

     “See you tomorrow,” she shouted while running down the other hall waving at me. I continued down the hall until I got to my locker. “3…41…26…” I whispered my locker combination to myself. I put my stuff in my locker and grabbed my bag. I shoved my binder, math notebook and History folder in it. I started to leave when I heard something coming from the outside of the school (my locker was near one of the entrances of the school [Brooks academy]). I shut my locker and walked quickly out the door. It was Tonya; her car was covered in bright pink paint that was seemingly dry. A bunch of girls were surrounding her.