Chapter 2

I couldn’t sleep after I drove home from the parlor. All I could think about was that call and the strange distorted voice. “You already saw the eyes”…what is that supposed to mean. I saw those red eyes but, it has to be a coincidence…There’s no way it should be something I worry about. .Just a prank call is all it is right? Three days and twelve hours…I guess I will have to wait and see. Just what will I see is what I wonder about the most.

            I woke up to my alarm playing some heavy metal song. I reluctantly got up and turned it off before my mom yelled to turn it off. I barely got any sleep.

            “Damien! Come downstairs,” My mom yelled. My mom’s name is Anne and my father’s name was John and he died when I was eight of a heart attack. I can’t say that I miss him because I didn’t know him very well. He never visited and when he did he didn’t talk to me he just yelled at my mom. One day my mom told me he was gone and I wasn’t actually that sad about it. I wasn’t happy but, I didn’t think of him as my father. So, today I don’t think much of him, it’s just me and my mom and I like it that way.

            “Alright just a sec,” I yelled back. I got dressed real quick into my School Uniform, and slipped into some socks. I ran down the stairs a turned into my kitchen. I always liked my kitchen. It has checkered floors and plain white walls. There wasn’t really much to it but It held good childhood memories like when  me and my best  friend Axel used to race our little toy cars and if it went over the crack in the middle of our kitchen floor your car won. Anyways, my mom was sitting at the kitchen table with the land line in her hands. My mom has short brown hair and brown eyes. She wasn’t all that tall maybe 5’2’. I’m about six inches taller than her. I have her brown hair, although mine is a bit darker. My mom says my blue eyes came from nowhere because my mom and father both had brown eyes but, you could tell I was my mom’s son.  “What did you need,” I asked. She turned around and held out the phone.

            “I think this voicemail is for you. I don’t know why your friends would use the land line number instead of your cell. Have you checked you phone,” she asked.

            “No I haven’t I will after I hear the voice mail,” I answered. I took the phone and hit the voice mail button.

            “You have one new message. Message one,” It said in the usual computer generated voice.

            “Remember your time, Time is key. Time will tell when Mizu takes the last drink,” It was the same distorted voice from on my phone last night!

            “Press two to replay message. Press three to skip message. Press four to save message,” I quickly hit four to save it.

            “Message saved. No more new messages,” I hit end and turned to my mom. My mom looked concerned and deep in thought.

            “What was that all about,” She asked.

            “It’s nothing to worry about mom it’s one of my friends messing with me,” I replied with a weak smile. I ran upstairs without giving her time to ask anything else and got ready for school. I took my phone off the charger and turned an alarm clock on. I set it for about two days and 4 hours. Mizu…What does that mean? It’s about 6:45 am so I have time to look it up. I pulled out my black laptop. I opened the internet and looked up Mizu. I clicked on the first site. Apparently it’s the Japanese word for water. I clicked on different web sites and got the same answer. How can that be right? How can water have its last drink?

            “Damien it’s seven,” my mom called.

            “Okay, I’m going to get a ride from Axel today. That alright,” I asked. I texted Axel to pick me up before my mom answered.