Meet the Sparkles

The first month of school passed without much incident. Twilight had gone over to Sunset's several more times since the first time they hung out. She really enjoyed spending time with her, abd felt like they were getting closer every day.
     Twilight had also introduced Sunset to the others, who accepted her into their little group with open arms. Rainbow was the only one to keep her at a distance, though she was starting to warm up to her.
     The seven of them met up by Rainbow and Twilight's lockers every day before classes started. They would chat and joke around, growing closer each day as friends. A few times Rarity would abruptly leave when Blueblood would all but command her to come with him.
     Twilight was on the floor leaning against her locker next to Pinkie who was talking excitedly about turning sixteen next month so she could put in her application at Sugarcube Corner. Rarity had left with Blue Blood already and Fluttershy was telling Rainbow and Applejack about a cute ferret her parents just got in the store.
     "He just has so much personality." Fluttershy told them. "He's so cute, I think I have a video of him on my phone." She reached into her pocket just as Sunset arrived.
     "Morning Sunset." Twilight said as the other girl's backpack slammed into the locker a few spaces down. Sunset sat down in a huff.
     "Whoa, what's wrong sugarcube?" Applejack asked
     "Ugh, sorry." Sunset started. "My damn car just ruined my plans. It's been making a weird noise and the repairs are going to make it so I can't buy the tickets to the concert I wanted to go to. It's going to be a great show, but I'll be way in the back in the nosebleeds instead of in the pit! UGH!" She brought her legs to her chest , wrapping them in her arms and leaned her head against her knees.
     "Who's gonna be there?" Rainbow asked
     "The Offspring! They're my favorite band and they're headlining! which is why I was excited to be up front!"
     "Who's openi-" Applejack elbowed Rainbow, cutting her off.
     "It's fine AJ." She sighed before addressing Rainbow. "Sum 41 and Good Charlotte, this just sucks. Stupid car." They all sat in silence for a moment. "Sorry, I have other news though, I'm having a little get-together next Friday for my birthday. I hope you can all make it, we'll order pizza, watch a horror movie and go swimming in the hotel pool." Sunset had told all of them about her living situation previously. "And if your parents will allow it, you can all spend the night too, I can make room."
     "Ah'm sure we can make it." AJ said cheerfully.
     "Yeah, it's going to be so awesome!" Rainbow Dash agreed, clutching Applejack's hand with excitement. They looked at each other for a moment before sharing a quick kiss.
     Twilight's jaw dropped. "You two are lesbians?" She said a little too loud.
     The others were silent, then Rainbow burst into laughter. "Did it really take you this long to figure it out? We don't exactly hide it."
     "Sorry, it's just... at my old school it was really conservative so if there were any lesbian or gay couples they didn't tell anyone. And they definitely didn't show it in public. I guess it just took me by surprise."
     "Don't worry about it sugarcube, no harm done." Applejack assured her.
     The conversations continued until the bell rang. The six of them gathered their things and started to disperse. Rainbow gave AJ a kiss before heading to her class. Sunset smiled at Applejack who was watching her girlfriend go.
     "You two are really cute together." She said.
     "Well thank you kindly Sunset, she makes me pretty happy." Applejack replied.
     "I hope I can find someone like that." She glanced at Twilight who was rummaging in her locker. This did not go unnoticed by Applejack.
     "Anyone you have in mind?" Applejack said slyly.
     "Not really." Sunset said, unaware of Applejack's tone. "Oh, by the way, could you tell me which class Rarity has first? I wanna tell her about my birthday. I think I'll tell her it's a girls night, I don't really want Blue Blood there."
     "Ah don't blame ya," AJ said. "Besides it'll be fun just us girls."
     Applejack gave Sunset Rarity's class information, she waved goodbye to Twilight and went to find Rarity. Twilight and Applejack walked together to their English class talking as they walked. When they were about halfway there when Twilight grabbed Applejack's Arm.
     "Hey AJ, can I ask you something?"
     "Sure, what's up?" Applejack asked.
     Twilight hesitated. "Never mind, it's not important. So did you finish the reading assignment?"