Christmas Party

The break was going well for Sunset. She was able to spend more time with her friends and go out on more dates with Twilight. She rarely thought about the upcoming semester with all the distractions the holidays provided. This night in fact, she was with the Sparkles walking through the Christmas Village the city set up. Local businesses had displays built inside sheds with large windows for viewing. Scenes of Christmas and winter delighted children and adults alike.
     They were approaching the display belonging to the police department. Inside a jail cell was a stuffed Grinch plush reaching for the keys attached to a sleeping elf guard's belt. On the walls were wanted posters with the mugshots of other fictional villains. Some Christmas themed others from kids shows and movies.
     "They'll never catch Maleficent. She's too crafty for them." Sunset remarked.
     "You think so? I'd put money on them catching her before getting near the Joker." Twilight said.
     "Pffft! He gets caught by Batman all the time." Sunset scoffed.
     "True, but that's Batman. When's the last time you saw the police catch him unless he had a plan that involved getting caught?"
     "You're both wrong, the obvious choice of last to be caught is Him." Shining Armor interjected.
     "Who?" Twilight looked at the mugshots trying to figure out who he was talking about.
     "Him! You know, from Powerpuff Girls."
     They looked at him.
     "I don't have to defend myself to you, it was a good show." He crossed his arms.
     They walked around, taking in the lights and displays, keeping an eye out for the displays for Sweet Apple Acres and Carousel Boutique. The former showed elves picking apples from a snow covered apple tree with a bucket filled with apples at the base. While the latter depicted a woman in an elegant dress and a snowman in a gown on a catwalk with a few elf photographers pointing cameras at them. They laughed at the comedic displays and took pictures of them.
     "Oh look at this one." Cadence said, pulling Shining Armor to the display of a local wedding planner. "I like what they did."
     Inside was a Nightmare Before Christmas wedding between Jack and Sally with the other residents of Halloween town in attendance.
     "Yeah, it's really creative." Shining agreed.
     "Subtle." Sunset said just loud enough for Twilight to hear.
     She elbowed her playfully. "I think it's sweet."
     "Do you think he picked up on it?"
     Twilight squinted at her brother. "Hard to say, he can be a little oblivious. I hope he did though, I would love it if Cadence became my sister in law!"
     "That would be pretty great. I like Cadence." She mused.
     Sunset reflected back to the conversation she'd had with Velvet and Cadence earlier that evening.

Velvet asked her to join her in the master bedroom so they could talk. That already put Sunset on edge, she started going through everything she could want to talk to her about. She and Twilight hadn't done anything past making out so it couldn't be "the talk". She entered the room and turned to see both Velvet and Cadence.
     Confused, she asked. "Am I in trouble?"
     "Flash's mom told me about what happened at the dance the other day at lunch."
     Dammit, I didn't think about that. Sunset thought. She's going to ask me to stop dating Twilight.
     "Oh, she did?" Her heart started beating faster.
     The two women enveloped her between them.
     "We're so sorry that happened to you." Cadence told her.
     "How do you know about it?" Sunset asked.
     "I joined Velvet and her friend. She wanted to meet me."
      "Midnight feels just awful for you. And wanted me to tell you she's sorry those girls did that to you."
     "Did you go to the principal?" Cadence asked.
     "No, I didn't go the last few days of the semester. I was afraid to go back."
     "Do you want me to come and put the fear into some kids. I think I can still pass as a high schooler so I shouldn't raise too much suspicion." Cadence offered.
     Sunset felt she was serious. "No, I think I can handle it. Besides, we can't have you getting sent away. Who knows what Shining Armor would do without you." Sunset teased.
     "You've got a point. Just know I was serious. Nobody messes with my girl Sunset and gets away with it."
     Sunset understood then why Twilight was so fond of Cadence. She had a way of naturally stepping into the roll of a loving older sister.
     "I would like to ask you about what was in the video." Velvet said sternly. "I understand essentially what was there. I just need a guarantee that that is all behind you."
     "It is. You don't have to worry about that."
     She smiled. "Good. I hope you understand I'm just looking out for my daughter."
     "I understand. I'd be doing the same if I was in your shoes."
     "Let's get back out there. I'm sure Twilight is worrying up a storm." Cadence said before putting an arm around Sunset's shoulders.