Reconciliation

Brief A/N: Almost out of school so hopefully I can stop going a month without updating anything. Also, shoutout to pizza. That is all.

~

Sanvers: And that's a bad thing because..?

damnvers: you fucking donut

Sanvers: Rude. Why not just let them talk?

damnvers: I'm sorry ily

Sanvers: Maybe if they talk they can sort out whatever the issue is.

englishmuffin: do we even know what the issue is?

damnvers: no but it's a good question to ask

englishmuffin: well it's a little too late now.

damnvers: not necessarily

englishmuffin: ?

damnvers: I'll distract Carm, go ask

Sanvers: I'm guessing that was her way of getting you to hold everything?

englishmuffin: oh absolutely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex stuck her phone in her pocket and set the bag she was holding next to Peggy. She got a small running start and slid over to Carmilla on the soles of her new shoes. Practically crashing into a wall. She narrowly avoided doing so thanks to her friend grabbing her arm.

"Alex, what the fuck?"

"You look depressed, I figured you could use some cheering up."

"And you possibly getting a concussion would've done that?"

"Damn, something really is wrong. You never object to see me suffering." This at least made Carmilla smile and roll her eyes. "So what is it?"

A soft sigh of frustration left Carmilla's mouth as she gestured for Alex to follow her to the side of the hallway. "It's Laura," she started. Alex raised an eyebrow, indicating that she was listening. "I was gonna tell her. Then she just left me on read. I panicked and overreacted and now she hates me."

"Whoa, okay slow down. You two have been friends for years, there's no way she hates you over something as insignificant as that," Alex reassured.

"I called her a cunt."

"So? You've called me a cunt on multiple occasions and I'm still around." Followed by a gentle punch to Carm's shoulder, attempting to get her to smile.

"You're also not Laura."

"Thank you, Captain Obvious. Have you talked to her since?"

"I blocked her number."

Alex face palmed so hard it left a light red mark on her face. Carmilla laughed upon seeing the hand shaped imprint, which made Alex grin. "See! I told you my suffering would cheer you up. Why the hell did you block her?"

"I was mad."

"And?"

"I wasn't thinking."

"UNBLOCK HER!" Alex whisper-yelled.

"Okay!" Carmilla pulled her phone out of her bag and scrolled through her blocked contacts, finding Laura's number and hitting unblock. "Happy?"

"Kinda. One more thing."

"What?"

Alex grabbed Carmilla by the wrist and walked over to the group of friends surrounding Laura who promptly parted like royalty was walking through. Alex gave Carm a tiny shove towards Laura and joined the rest of the group who'd went back to Peggy to get their belongings.

Carmilla gave her crush/best friend a tiny awkward wave and smiled. "Hey."

Laura sniffed, unintentionally making it extra obvious that she'd been crying. Her eyes were rimmed in red. Carmilla immediately grew concerned. "Hi.."

"Are you okay?" Carmilla took a step towards Laura, wanting to comfort her, completely forgetting what had transpired. Laura froze.

And then walked directly into Carmilla's arms, receiving an incredibly warm bear hug. She did her best not to dissolve into a sobbing wreck right there. "No," she managed. Her head rested against Carm's shoulder, the other girl holding her as tightly as humanly possible without hurting her.

"I'm so sorry," Carmilla eventually said, releasing Laura from her almost-death grip.

"For what?" She obviously knew what Carmilla was apologizing for, and the lie wasn't very convincing.

"You know what," was Carmilla's response as she leaned forward and kissed Laura for the second time that week. It was a feeling she could definitely get used to.

Breathless, Laura smiled giddily. "Oh. What does that m-"

"It means I hope I read the signs right and I'm in love with you. And also I'm sorry," Carm rushed through her statement, taking a deep breath when she finished. She offered a sheepish smile.

"That's one hell of an apology," Laura joked, earning a laugh. "And yes, you did read the signs right."

Suddenly, cheering.

"FUCKING FINALLY!" Alex yelled, pumping a fist in the air.

Kara smiled brightly, her arm around Lena's waist. Both wore looks of approval.

Peggy, now free of everyone's baggage, walked over and pulled both Carm and Laura into a hug. "I'm proud of you both." Carmilla smiled, taking the opportunity to patronize the British woman.

"Thanks, mom."