2. something missing

Jade's point of view:

But there's something missing. Yes, in Jade West's life is something missing. And my boyfriend told me a few times before. I need a friend. Just like... a girl I trust and I can talk to. About girly stuff. I remember Beck's voice in my ear:

"I'll never be enough for you. Everyone needs a friend to talk about... other things, you know? And if we'll ever split up you'll be all alone. I promise I'll never let you down but if you want me to then... well, then it's going to be awful for you. I don't want to see you like that. Never, okay? I love you more than you could imagine. I want yo to remind: In a few months or in a few years you'll be sick of hanging out with me all the time."

Yes, that's what he said. And I was thinking about it for so long. Who the f*ck would voluntarily like to be my friend? Most people are scared of me. Even strangers. Of course I want them to, but I now I'm not able to say anything nice without making them warily. That's kinda sad. So there're just Andre, Cat, Robbie with Rex... and Vega. Just two of them are girls. Cat and Vega. Tori Vega. I just call her by last name. Cat is such a child head. And Vega? I can't stand her. Somehow. Why ever. She gives me a creepy feeling and-

Oh, Beck has arrived. "Hey babe, what's wrong?", he asks when he sits next to me.

"I thought about what you said in your RV a week ago."

"About a friend?"

"Yes. And I ended in the meaning that I just can't do that. I couldn't stand the pain. It was heard enough to let you see the other side of me and with a girl it would be even harder. Do you understand? And every girl in school is scared of me. Besides Cat and Tori."

Beck chuckled.

"What?" I am wondering what I did wrong. Have I said something funny? I can't remember...

"You called Tori by her first name."

Oh, well, he was right. I didn't even noticed it. Damn.

I sigh.

"What about her? She's trying to become your friend since you met. And Cat is just a girl to have fun with. You know her."

"Yeah, I like Cat. She's the cutest girl I've ever seen. But... Tori? She's always happy, that's so strange. You know I hate being happy all the time."

"I know. But do you really think she's always happy behind her.... her mask?"

"No...", I whisper.

"Just try being nice to her. You'll see you can trust her more than you think. I became a close friend of her."

A light breeze of jealousy comes over me but I keep calm. I can trust him.

Tori's point of view:

We sit at the table we always sit. In the middle of all at the cafeteria. We're talking about these and that. But Jade and Beck are missing. I bet they're in the park now and talk. Beck told me they are doing this since they got closer in their relationship. Kinda crazy, but I love the idea of this. Most time I wish I have someone like this. Someone to walk around the park, holding hands and to love. I never told anyone but I'm gay. And my crush isn't. But that doesn't matter now.

I'm just gonna listen to the others. Cat is talking about her new Tennisball cleaner she got from skystore. I really don't know why she's so excited about it. She just found the prospect in the plane when she was flying to her older brother who's in a mental hospital. Yes, he's really crazy and so are the story she tells us about him.

Sometimes I'm really worried about her. So are the others. She's is our tiny little red head always having a good mood. She's the funny one in our tiny group. Everyone loves her. Even Jade does.

Jade's point of view:

"So you really think Vega and I... could be friends? I mean, I HATE this girl!"

"You don't."

"I do."

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I really do!"

"Tell me the truth!"

Then there's a little break. Damn, he knows me very well... This can't be true. I think I'm dreaming. Yes, I'm absolutely dreaming. Hell no! Why are there such strange feelings when I think of her... I don't even care what she thinks. She's just another little miss sunshine trying to get to me and break my walls. But she won't. No one does. There's just Beck behind my walls, he knows me in every situation.

"Okay, I really like her but I just can't trust her! Every little piece of me I'll show her will be known by the whole family. Damn it!"

"Why are you so afraid of people knowing you?"

"You know why. Don't ever ask again."

"Alright I won't."

"Promise me."

"I can't."

"You are afraid of can't hold it, aren't you?"

"I am. You see, I show you what I'm afraid of. Why don't you just show me."

"Cause I'm afraid." My voice turns to whispering. I am Jade West. Usually afraid of NOTHING. That's how it looks like. But I am. Just trying to hide.

"Let's get back to class. Or do you want two weeks detention?"

Of course not. I hate detentions on Saturday. It's just annoying.

Without a word I stay up, take his hand and walk with him to School.