Part 1

"Creaky floorboards. Damp wood. Faded paint. Rotten pies. Shattered windows. ~ Mrs. Lovett's meat pie shop. The 'so used to be famous' meat pie shop.
Sad colours. Empty dreams. Filled with extrodinary memories and the red stains on the wooden floor. ~ Sweeney Todd's barber saloon. The place that once belonged to 'the best Barber in London'....
Are you sure you want to buy this place?" My lawyer questioned me, while brushing through his light brown hair - like he was worried.

I inhaled sharply, looking at him questioningly. Currently, my lawyer has asked me this question exactly 6 times.
"Yes. For now - yes"
I exhaled, drowning my eyes down to the table in front of me that separated me and my lawyer.

"And have you filled out the documents yet?" He interrupted the short, yet calming silence.

I gulped as my eyes refered back to my Lawyer, Edward.
"Yes" I whispered.

He froze. Then looked back at the papers in his hands, and read it in his mind. "Alright. You and your children can move in then... but please do tell me, Ella... you have heard the rumours about that place... haven't you?"
He looked at me with slight worry in his eyes.

"What rumours?" I asked him, making him visibly tremble.
"Nothing. If you are interested though, you can ask your neighbours..."

With that - he stood up, shook my hand roughly and left me in the room. But suddenly he stopped right in front the door. "Oh, and Ella? ... I'm very sorry for your divorce with Nathan"
I remained silent. Flashes of his face took my over my speech, making me swollow hard.
"E-e-errr... thank you"

He nodded and then finally left me be. I sighned. It's been 2 weeks since my divorce with my husband - well ex-husband. And I must admit that it wasn't easy. Something else bothered me too - why did it seem like my lawyer despised the idea of me moving to that house?

I have 2 daughters and 1 son.
My son - Victor - is the oldest and he moved out to Greece.
My 7 year old daughter, Lily, has been taken away from me to live with Nathan (my ex-husband).
And now I'm here with my one year old daughter, Lucy.

I couldn't pay the bills for our house so we had to move out elsewhere. It was hard finding a place but I finally found someplace so big, yet so old and cheap.

It wasn't an expensive rent surprisingly; it was a two-floor building with two shops - for a baker and a barber. Why? Because apparently they used to live and work there. I wasn't ever bothered to find out more about their story. After all, all I needed was a house.

_______________________________________

Ella:

_______________________________________

Saturday 11th May 1892

I slowly creak open the door to the abandoned place of Mrs. Lovett's pie shop. I inhale on the piles of dust that came rushing towards me into the outside world. I coughed out the dust and squinted my eyes because of the dust rubbing against my trachea. I held myself up against the door preventing me from falling.