Chapter 1: First Meeting

"Alright, take care."

Akaashi stared blankly at the file in his hands. The indicator on the side clearly read what he assumed to be a name: 'Bokuto Koutarou.'

He looked back at the man sitting at the brown desk.

"What is this?"

The suited man looked up at him blankly. "Exactly what it looks like. He's your assignment."

"I don't..."

"Oh, are you...?"

Akaashi blinked as the man stood up from the desk twirling a pen in his hands.

"You're new here, huh? Let's see..." he glanced down at his documents, sticking his tongue out in concentration before looking back at Akaashi with an easy smile. "Akaashi Keiji-kun."

Akaashi nodded warily, clutching the folder in his hands as it was the only thing he could physically hold on to.

"There's already Kei-chan so..." The man tapped the pen on his chin before making a noise of realization. "Keiji-chan!"

Akaashi stared at the man, feeling his fingers twitch in nervousness. "Excuse me?"

"Your name, duh," the man hummed, seating himself back in the office chair. "Anyways, since you're a newbie, I should probably call someone to help you out..."

In an instant, a shadow appeared from behind Akaashi and he jumped, looking back to see a shorter man with bleached hair standing astutely in the illuminated doorway.

"Kozume-chan?"

The shorter man responded with a curt nod.

"Could you please help Keiji-chan get adjusted? He's new here."

"No, wait," Akaashi shook his head, hands still clutching the file. "I still don't know what I'm doing here or why... who ARE you people?"

"That will all come in time," the man smiled, straightening some papers on his desk. "Now, if you please?"

This 'Kozume-chan' gave Akaashi a quick look out of the corner of his eye, before nodding once and turning to disappear out the door.

"Wai—" Akaashi started, beginning to run after him.

"Ah, and Keiji-chan?"

He stopped, looking back at the man at the desk whose hazel eyes now seemed illuminated from where Akaashi stood.

"It's Oikawa-san to you." the suited man gave him a sad smile before swiveling around in the chair. "Don't let go of that folder."

Akaashi blinked a bit helplessly as light washed over him from the doorway.

He didn't know where he was going or where he was headed, but his feet carried him towards the direction he presumed 'Kozume-chan' was at a steady pace. The shining light behind the door lead to an open space where the two were walking in sync.

He couldn't see anything but blinding brightness, and he felt extremely lost despite the fact he didn't really remember anything about anything except for his own name. Honestly, what was he doing in a random office room out of the blue clutching a folder as if his life depended on it?

He stared down at the folder in his hands, half tempted to let go of it and run aimlessly into who knows what direction elsewhere. Surely, listening to the words of strangers was not a good way to start for having some kind of amnesia, right?

"Don't let go of that folder."

Akaashi jumped. He didn't think 'Kozume-chan' could talk at all much less give him orders in that kind of tone.