Chapter 5: Spring

"Oi, shittykawa,"

"Mean, Iwa-chan! Why do you keep calling me that? What'd I do this time?"

"...nothing."

Oikawa gave the shorter man a look. "What's that supposed to mean?"

From the floor the figure shrugged, leaning his head back to rest between Oikawa's legs that were dangling off the bed. "Are you going to leave soon?"

Oikawa stiffened, looking down at the man before relaxing and smirking. "Will you miss me when I go?"

'Iwa-chan' frowned, ramming his elbow into Oikawa's left leg and causing the taller figure to yelp and recoil. "Idiot, of course not."

"Mean... Iwaizumi Hajime is a big bully!" Oikawa whined, nursing his leg into his chest. Iwaizumi rolled his eyes, pushing Oikawa's remaining leg up onto the bed.

"Oh shush, it's not like you can die again."

The two sat in silence, save for the sound of a ticking clock in the hallway. The sun shone on the windows to the bedroom making for a perfect lazy day. They could hear birds chirping outside and the steady flow of traffic as it carried people to and fro.

"...hey," Iwaizumi breathed, the words cracking with the low volume. "How come you're my guardian angel when I'm the one who's taking care of you?"

"What—I take care of you too!"

"Do you?" 'Iwaizumi smirked, turning around to grin in Oikawa's direction.

Oikawa pouted, throwing a pillow at the smiling face. "I'm still learning, okay?"

"The leader of the guardian angels is still learning how to do his job, wow, I feel so much safer," Iwaizumi droned in a mocking tone, laying back against the bed once more.

Oikawa threw himself onto Iwaizumi, pulling at the man's cheeks angrily. "I'm doing my best! Mean, mean, mean, Iwa-chan!!"

Iwaizumi grunted at the extra weight from Oikawa's upper body. "Oi, get off Shittykawa!" He wrapped his arms around Oikawa and dragged him down from the bed and onto the floor. The two of them fell onto the carpet with a loud thump.

Oikawa whined, finding himself under Iwaizumi. "Iwa-chan, you brute."

"Yeah, yeah," Iwaizumi mumbled, shielding Oikawa's eyes with his hands and turning away from the guardian. "Y-you work yourself way too hard, you idiot. Take care of yourself more so I don't worry."

Oikawa smirked. "I thought you said it didn't matter since I was dead. ...wait, are you blushing?"

"Oh, shut up,"

Oikawa pulled himself up and scooted over to lean against his human. "C'mon, Iwa-chan,"

"What?" Iwaizumi grunted, still refusing to look at the taller man.

"I love you~"

The tips of Iwaizumi's ears got bright red. Oikawa delighted in seeing them, a bubbly feeling growing in his chest. He put more of his weight onto the man. "Do you love me?"

"You're an idiot," Iwaizumi said, getting up from his place on the floor, leaving Oikawa to fall over.

"What, Iwa-chan..."

"Tooru," Iwaizumi sighed, looking down at the guardian. "Is this okay?"

Oikawa felt something twist in his chest. "What?"

"Are we okay?"

Oikawa laughed, the sound a bit hollow in his ears. "Of course we are, Iwa-chan, don't be silly!"