Chapter 28

Zayn

{a few months later}

"Alright let's go inside." I parked the car in the bakery parking lot.

We got out and walked inside holding hands. We had an appointment to do some cake tasting. God only knows how excited I am to be marrying my best friend.

"Welcome to Heaven on a Platter. How may I help you?" A kind looking woman came from behind the counter.

"We have a appointment to do cake tasting. It's for our wedding." I smiled briefly looking at Justin.

God he's so gorgeous.

"You can take a seat wherever you'd like and I'll go get Shannon." She smiled.

We smiled and nodded and she disappeared into the kitchen. We picked a seat next to the window. I kissed his hand as I continued to hold it in my hand.

"You know we still need to pick a date." He said.

"Yes I know. I also know it'll be within the year. I wanna marry you as soon as we're done with the planning." I kissed his cheek.

"So we're planning this by ourselves?" He asked.

"We can get help from your mom and if you want we can get a wedding planner. But that's up to you. This is gonna be your day." I said and kissed his hand with the ring on it.

"You mean our day." He said.

Just then a woman in a pink and black chef coat came out with the woman from before. They spotted us and she came over.

"Zayn and Justin right?" She asked holding her hand out.

"Yes. Nice to meet you." We both smiled and stood shaking her hand.

"So tell me have you both picked a date?" Shannon asked.

"Not yet but it's within the year." I said.

"Alright well do you guys have a particular preference or request?" She asked.

"Umm no. We wanted to know if you have a menu possibly?" Justin asked.

"Yes we do. Claire, menu please." She said to the woman. She came over and handed us two menus. "Thank you Claire. Now I have some things to check on in the back so I'll come back in a few minutes and you guys can choose which flavors you'd like to try. Alright."

"Thank you." We both said.

She smiled and got up and disappeared into the kitchen. There were so many things on this menu. So many different kinds of breads, cupcakes, cakes, doughnuts. It all sounded delicious.

"What are you thinking baby?" I asked.

"The caramel cheesecake sounds good." He said.

"Raspberry chocolate pound cake. God I love chocolate." I said.

"Wanna just be basic?" Justin asked.

"Aww hun you could never be basic. That's why we're together." I smiled pinching his cheek.

"Thanks love but we need to pick a main theme. With this menu, if we don't we'll be here all day." He said looking at the long list of cake flavors.

"We both love chocolate so let's just look at the chocolate cakes." I said.

He nodded in agreement. We looked back at the menu. Raspberry and chocolate, strawberry and chocolate, geez I have no idea what to pick.

"Have you made your decision babe?" Justin ran his hand through my hair as he continued to read the menu.

"Yeah. I think I'd like to try the S'mores poke cake, strawberry and chocolate, and the banana chocolate caramel flavors." I said.

"Good choices. I love you baby." He smiled.

"I love too love bug." I kissed him softly.

"Hi I'm back. So have we settled on anything?" Shannon came back.

"Yes we'd like to try the banana chocolate caramel, strawberry chocolate and the s'mores poke cake." I said.

"And the banana split also." Justin smiled.

"Alright those will be right out. If you'd like anything else you can let my assistant Claire know." She smiled then disappeared to the back.

We spent time talking as we waited. About 10 minutes later four samples with little paper tents saying which is which. We tried the strawberry chocolate first.

"It's.... alright." Justin said.

"Yeah it's not that great. Let's try the s'mores." I said. We took a piece of the s'mores cake and ate it.

We looked at each other then grabbed a napkin and spit it out.  We drank our champagne.

"That's a definite no. Onto the next." Justin said taking some of the banana split.

We both tried it and moaned at the taste. "Wow that one was great." I said. "I'm glad I chimed in. But let's try this last one." He said taking a bite of the banana caramel.

"Wow." We both moaned again.

"Ok so it's definitely not these two." Justin pushed away the strawberry and s'mores plates. "Ok so which tastes better?" He asked.

"Well which made you moan more?" I asked.

"You." He smiled putting his hand on my thigh. "Oh baby trust me it'll get better. But I meant the cakes." I winked at him. "Why don't we just get one for our wedding cake and one as just dessert, like we can have made into cupcakes." He suggested.

"That's a good idea. But babe we still gotta pick which is which." I said.

"Flip a coin?" He asked.

"Yeah sure." I pulled out a quarter. "Alright heads is for banana split being cupcakes." I said flipping the coin. I caught it and looked to see what it landed on.

"Tails. So the banana chocolate caramel is gonna be our cupcakes." I said.

"Alright but can we get a slice of each to go?" He asked.

"Of course anything you want. Claire." I called the assistant over.

"Hi how may I help you." She asked.

"Yes we'd like to order the banana chocolate caramel cake for our wedding cake and if possible order the banana split as cupcakes. Also a slice of each to go." I said.

"I'll get you an order form and the two slices would be 20.99. You can send in the order form." She said.

I handed her my card and she left to handle business. A few minutes later she came back out with a paper bag with their logo on it. "Here you go. Here's your card, your receipt, cakes and order form is in the bag. Have a great day." She handed me the bag and my card.

"Thank you and you too." I put my card back in my wallet then we finished off our champagne and left.

"Oh I'm so excited. We're really getting married." Justin said getting in the car.

"I know baby. I love that I'm marrying you love. Let's go home." I said turning on the ignition.