Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The next day, I got up early and went out for a jog to clear my head. Today is my first official day in KMA and I don't want anything to distract me from my work.

Getting back from my jog, I freshened up and called.

Naina: "Hello"

Person on the phone: "Tum KMA pooach gayi"

Naina: "Yes sir, mein kal hi pooach gayi thi"

Person on the phone: "Yaad rahay kam jald se jald start ho jana chaiye."

Naina: "Haan sir, mein aaj hi un fliles ko dhoonay wali hoon.....magar sir aap ne kaha tha ki iss mission mein mujhe help milagay. Toh woh log kyon hai"

Person on the Phone: "Aaj raath lights out kay baadh shed mein mila...wahi pata chale ga"

Naina: "ok sir"

With that I placed my phone on the bed side table and went towards the vanity to start getting ready for the day. My eyes drew towards my neck in the mirror and my eyes became glossy. I moved my hands towards my neck and slowing touched the mangalsutra hanging there. The mangalsutra that I always keeps hidden from the world with high-necked cloths and uniform, but now wearing a loose t-shirt I could make out the beautiful pendant shape. A lone tear dropped from my eyes as I took a deep breath. I did some light makeup and when I was done, my hand, involuntary, fell on a golden container. Picking it up, I opened the container to revel the red kumkum inside. Using my thumb and index finger I applied the powder on my forehead. Grabbing the hairbrush I parted my hair in a way which covered the recently applied kumkum. Finally getting up I put on my uniform and headed out to the field.

______________________On the field with first year Cadets_________________

"FALL IN CADETS" I Ordered

The cadets immediately scramble to line up with one arm distance.

"Cadets, mera naam hai Maj. Naina Singh aur aaj se aap sab 1st year cadets ki morning aur evening drill ki responsibility meri hai" I said and just then I heard one of the cadets in the back whisper "Aajch hua......kam se kam subha aur saam kay liyay toh us Nair se peecha chuda"

"Cadet Step forward" I said eying the cadet who just spoke, and it was the same cadet who was flirting with me yesterday.

Walking in front of him I said "Cadet Huda correct?" I questioned eying him

Huda in his typical style "Yes madam ji"

"Aap baday kush hai na ki Maj. Nair kay badlay aab mein aap logo ki drill incharge hoon" I stated looked at Huda and Huda nodded his head in affirmative "Toh mein aap ko yeah bata doon ki khush honey ki jarururat nahi hai...kyu ki jo training se aap log aab, meray under gugarney walay hoon, woh Maj. Nair ki training se bohot jyada tough hai. Infact I think in one month you will all be begging Maj. Nair to start training you again.".....

Addressing all the cadets I said: "Agar aap log chatay hai ki yeah saal smoothly jayay to aap sab yeah 2 cheez yaad rakhana: One, only speak when your are spoken to, aur dusra, never lie to me. Mujhe jhut aur jhut bolne walay se sakht nafrat hai. IS THAT CREAL???"

"YES MA'AM" The Cadets shouted back

"Good, now give me a hard 5 in 20 minutes" I ordered and watched as the cadets grabbed a rifle and started running.

_______________Mess________________

After their morning drill, all the first year cadets walked, or rather dragged their feet in the mess to grab their breakfast. They were all in extreme pain due to the exercises Naina made them do, and they all instantly realized that drills with Naina were not going to be as easy as they had initially thought.

I walked in the mass and saw the cadets dragging their feet to their table. Looking around I quickly saw Shalini and another female teacher sitting and eating their lunch. Grabbing my breakfast from Suriji, I went over to join them

"Good Morning" I greeted them as I sat next to Shalini

"Morning Naina" Shalini said and pointing towards the women in front of her she said "Naina yeah hai, Dr. Ritu Mishra, yaha ki psychiatrist"

I nodded my head acknowledging her, and she reciprocated.

"Capt. Here" I heard Dr. Mishra say and looking behind me I saw Rajveer walking towards the table. I watched him as he placed his plate next to Dr. Mishra and sat down after greeting everyone. After that an awkward air floated above the table. We will all eating in silence, when Rajveer said:

"Aaarey Sahlini, yeah tumharay haat mein yeah ring..." He squinted his eyes and looking at his expression, I could clearly tell that he was trying to recall when he had seen that ring before.

But before Shalini could speak, Dr. Mishra said: "Oh wow, yeah toh engagement ring ki tarah dikh raha hai"

"Engagement ring!!!!" Rajveer exclaimed. "Shalini, yeah tum hai kisne diya?"

"Woh....actually, yeah yeah jo ri...ring hai wo is" Shalini stuttered, not knowing what to say....she obviously couldn't say that Naveen was going to propose to her and this was the ring he was going to use when he proposed.

Sensing Shalini's hesitance, I said "Yeah ring mein ne diya hai, as a gift"

Rajveer and Ritu accepted this answer and got back to quietly eating and Shilini thanked me through her eyes.

__________________Naina's Class_____________________________

I was busy wring my name on the board when I felt the cadets starting to walk in. Turning around I started the class...

"Welcome Cadets, to your first Guerilla warfare class. Like I said in the morning, mera naam hai Maj. Naina Singh. Aap sab ki information kay liya bata doon ki yeha guerilla warfare ki class hafte mein 3 baar hoga.....I know aap sab log yeah hi soach rahay hongay ki Academy ki classes suru huyay 1 mahina honey ko kay, aur ek mahaney baad nayay classes introduce karne ka matlab kya hai....Well sach kahu toh mujhe bhi pata hai hai, bas itna janti hum ki aap sab ko guerilla warfare shikhana hai...any question" I said

I saw Sherry raise her hand and hoping she won't say anything out of line I acknowledged her.

Getting up she rudely asked asked "Ma'am, aap kab se Guerilla warfare ki expert ban gayi?"

"Tab se Cadet, jab se headquarters ne mujhe yaha post kiya" I said and started my class.

(I am not going to be showing a lot of class stuff because it is kind of boring to write about!!!!!! J)

The day went on and after lights out

"Oh god Naina, you are already late. Aaj tujhe aapne team se mila hai, and you are late. This is not done" I scolded myself as I sneaked off KMA to a shed nearby.

Lost in my own world, I bumped into someone as I approached the shed. Holding my shoulders I winced in pain. I looked up to see who the person I bumped into was and I was surprised upon seeing the face of the person.

"Cadet Sharma, aap iss wakt yaha kya kar rahay hai?" I questioned Cadet Alekh who was looked at me like a deer caught in the headlight.

"Woh....ma'am aaapun...woh hua yeah ki....aapun ka matlab" He struggled to give me an answer. Just then I heard a voice from the entrance of the shed.

"Yeah Cadet Sharma nahi hai, balki Lt. Sharma hai" The person said

I turned around to see my senior Col. Vikram Singhania. Alekh and I saluted him and walked inside the shed, but only if I had known that there was going to be another shock waiting for me in there because sitting in the couch was Capt. Rajveer. Seeing us walk in he stood in attention.

"Maj. Singh yeah aap ki team....Lt. Sharma aur Capt Rajveer. Yeah aapke saath aapke under iss mission ka hissa hongay" Col. Singhania said and handed a manila folder. "Abb se iss mission ki incharge aap hai...I will just work on the side as an advisor"

I nodded my head, still too shocked from finding out Alekh is a Lt. and that I will have to work with Raj.

"Magar sir, mission hai kya?" I heard Rajveer question.

"Yeah aap ko Maj. Sing bataegi" Col replied and I moved on to explain the reasons behind my posting in KMA.

}H\'9>֛