Chapter 2: Timoteo

Giotto POV:
It's been 6 months since I found Alaude and Knuckle. After we met again, I agreed to spar with Alaude once per week and not all of them come out with me unscathed.

At least Knuckle was there to heal us.

I was just sitting in my house, reading a book, when all the sudden, Nana came rushing in with an excited smile on her face.

"Tsu-kun! Nat-kun! Good news! Your father is coming home!" She shouts with a smile that I think literally brightened up the house.

'Greeaaat...' I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes and by looking at my brother, I knew he was thinking he same thing as well.

I love my father. I really do, but sometimes he can be...eccentric. And don't even get me started on him lying about his job. No one but Nana is going to believe those stupid postcards you keep sending, Dad!

"Oh, and he's bringing his boss along with him, so be polite." She orders us. My eyes widen in surprise.

"Okay, mom." We said together.

'I'm actually kind of interested in meeting Dad's boss. With him around, I'll be able to find out his real job. I also want to see what kind of person can stand that idiot for so long.'

A few hours later, the doorbell rang and my mother squealed and ran at the door and I quietly followed her. She opened it in a rushing manner and saw my dad and hugged him very tightly with my dad returning it with equal force.

Behind him, I saw a fragile looking old man. That must be his boss. I can barely see him because he's practically hiding behind by dad.

When he came out, I took a good look at him and saw something shining on his finger. My eyes widened in complete shock.

'T-that's the Vongola Sky ring!!! But that would mean that he's...' I took another look at him with a serious expression. 'the current Vongola boss.'

And since my dad's with him, personally escorting him, that would mean that Iemetsu is a high ranking mafiso in Vongola.

'So that man cares more about his famiglia than his actual family?!' I thought in disappointment. Despite all his faults, I thought he was a little better than this.

But it's dangerous having him here. There's no doubt that at least one or two enemy famiglias would eventually catch wind of him being here, so why is he here? What could be so important that he had to leave Italy?

'I know that my brother and I are descendants of... well... myself... and it looks like that he doesn't have long to live, so could it be...' I widened my eyes at the realization. 'That must be it. He must be looking for possible successors!'

I looked at my brother. Is this why I was reincarnated into this family specially? So I can closely watch the next boss put Vongola back on its path?

I may have once been the sky that watched over Vongola in the light, but not anymore. I now must watch over Vongola from the shadows. There must be a new sky to protect and lead the famiglia in the shining light. It must be someone other than me. A new generation must rise and Knuckle, Alaude, and I are not part of this generation. If anyone in this family is going to be the next leader, it must be Natsu.

My thoughts were suddenly cut off by a familiar annoying yell.

"Natsu-cutie! Tuna-fishy! Come here and give your papa a big hug!" He shouts with his arms wider open. I can swear that there were twinkling lights all around him.