Chapter 5

Question suggested by  ???

I remember a bit ago someone requested Sunny answering a question that was, "If you were another tribe, what tribe would you be?" I can't seem to find who suggested it, but it's a great idea, so I'll do it.

Art by Liighty

     Sunny watched Turtle with large, curious mossy-green eyes.

     "Sunny, truth or dare?" Turtle piped up.

     "Truth!" Sunny chirped eagerly. "I'm not good at keeping secrets, so I'll go with truth."

     Turtle nodded and thought for a moment, then asked her, "If you could choose which tribe you are, what tribe would you be?"

     Sunny blinked in surprise. "That's an interesting question." She shifted her golden wings and tapped her claws on the stone. A SeaWing? Then, I could see in the dark and breathe underwater like Tsunami. Or, a MudWing? I might be fire-resistant like Clay. Or, a RainWing? I could change color and spit venom like Glory. After a heartbeat, she answered, "Honestly, I would just be a SandWing. I would just be me."

     "But, if you had to choose a different tribe, what would you choose?" Tsunami pressed. She glanced up at the ceiling thoughtfully. "I would want to be an IceWing, I suppose. Silvery blue scales and frostbreath, plus serrated claws? Definitely worth it."

     "I would be a RainWing," Qibli mused. "Camouflage would make it easier to protect Queen Thorn."

     Sunny's tail twitched. "Hm... I'll admit I'd want to be a NightWing." She imagined Starflight, with his deep blue scales and the silver scales scattered on the underside of his wings. "I like their silver scales under their wings, and some have those powers. Now that the NightWings live in the rainforest, there may be more born with powers now."

     "But... you're half-NightWing already," Tsunami pointed out in a bored voice.

     "Then I'd be a RainWing," Sunny decided. "I want to camouflage, like Qibli said, and be able to spit venom, so I can protect myself and my friends better."

     "Magical death spit, huh?" Tsunami joked. She bared her teeth and put her talons on her hips. "We are NOT calling it 'magical death spit,'" she imitated Glory. The dragons all laughed.

     Kinkajou fluttered her wings. "Sunny, your turn to ask someone, 'truth or dare!' Remember, you only have Clay, Tsunami, Starflight, or Moon to ask!"

     Sunny glanced around the cave and decided who to ask. "Clay, truth or dare?"