─ ONE ( ❛❛WHY, CHRIS?❜❜ )

_______________________________

TEARS STARTED to stream down Bonita's cheek

TEARS STARTED to stream down Bonita's cheek. She couldn't believe it. A boy that she's been friends with for over 20 years is now gone. She read about Chris's death, which was beyond tragic.

"Portland Attorney Chris Chambers was slashed in the throat, after trying to break up a fight at a milkshake bar. He was pronounced dead at 9:33 pm. The suspects are still on the loose."

As Bonita continued to read, there was a picture of him in his early law days, possibly when he graduated college.

He looked so handsome, Bonita thought to herself, as she gave a weak smile, before tears started streaming down again. She recalls the last time seeing him at the reunion for high school in 1976.

She remembers that was when things started to go downhill for him around the high school age, and she and Gordie were the only ones to comfort him.

Bonita's eyes widened, realizing that she had only a few pictures of him, and her together.

She placed the newspaper on the bed and opened the drawer, seeing the vintage and terribly crumbled rare pictures of herself, Chris, Vern, Teddy, and Gordie. Some pictures it's them all together.

She picked up a picture that showed Chris kissing Bonita's cheek with his arm over her shoulder, as Bonita saw her young self blushing and looking distracted.

She also picked up a picture of her and Gordie outside his tree house in their younger days, as Gordie posed as if he was in a magazine.

The last picture got her the most. It was around the time of 8th grade prom, and Bonita was wearing a long white dress with her hair done in a beehive. She also recalls that day as the most embarrassing day of her life.

She also remembers how handsome Chris and Gordie looked, especially with Chris when his hair started to grow and he had it combed and laid back.