─ THREE. ( ❛❛ FLASHBACK. ❜❜ )

1959 ─chapter three.
( SEPTEMBER 6TH, 1959. )

   BONITA, VERN, GORDIE, TEDDY AND CHRIS all stood on the bridge, taking a small view at the small town of castle rock. They couldn't believe what happened. They all realized that this adventure taught them a lesson, and they learned more about their personal lives.

Everyone was quiet, to be exact, they been quiet after dealing with the cobras, who nearly took Chris's life, before Gordie suprisingly defended him by firing a .357 in the air, and confronting Ace and the rest of the Cobras.

"Wow," Bonita quietly comments in a absorbed tone, as the boys looked at her. "The town is that small?"

"I never realized it until now," Teddy adds on with Bonita, before everyone else continued on walking foward.

They all paused again once they got to Vern's and Teddy's house.

"This is where you live, Vern?" Bonita inquires him, as her eyes squinted due to the intense early morning sunlight.

He nodded his head. "It's not all that special," He replies, before being quiet for few more seconds, before speaking again.

"Well, see you in school," Vern says, as all the boys replied with the same answer, "Yeah," warily.

"See you in junior high," Teddy adds on.

"I'll see you next week, Vern," Bonita says, before she and him shook hands with each other, as he shot a faint smile before turning around and walking home, while we all gazed at him.

As he walked, he leaned down and picked something that was so minuscule, they couldn't picture what it was. Vern turned around and depicted it to them, "A penny!" He proudly says, as the crew gave smiles, before Vern turned back around and continued heading home.

"Isn't it weird he has a fetish of pennies?" Bonita questioned with curiosity.

"He's Vern. He has a weird fetishes of almost everything, but I bet the things he fetishes over are the things he's scared of," Gordie comments, while everyone gave a titter or giggles.

"Well, guys...I better get home before my mom puts in me in the 10 most wanted list," Teddy says, before he started to walk his way home.

"Bye, Teddy," Gordie says to Teddy, while Bonita quietly repeated him.

Teddy turned around, giving Chris a short look. "Hey, Chris?" Teddy calls him, quickly catching his attention.

"No hard feelings, okay?" Teddy sincerely says to him.

"No way, man," He replies, before Teddy slowly turned around and continued heading his way back home, while singing the tune that the crew sung while walking on the train tracks, the song that none of them remembers the name of.

They all gave each other smiles, before they all resumed walking foward. As they did, they thought about the different chapter that they were gonna start next week.

Gordie wasn't thinking about it; he wanted to speak about, not to make Chris and Bunny to overwhelm about the incident that happened around the Royal River.

"So," Gordie began as they all walked, "Are you guys ready for junior high?" He questioned.

"I don't know, I guess so," Chris responds as he looked down at the ground.

"I know it's gonna be a little bit more divergent from elementary school," Bonita added on.

"Yeah.....will we be in the same homeroom together?" Gordie questions.