The Return

It's been long after the battle for the Falls.  The Pines twins are now 18 and living in Gravity Falls permanently.

A certain brown haired male stepped out of the shack.  Mabel was out with her friends,  and the shack was closed today meaning Dipper had the whole day to himself to explore.

Of course the first place he'd visit would be the woods.  It was his favorite place after all.

While he walked he noticed that the forest seemed empty. He could remember being here when he was 12,  and he would always run into some sort of creature. He could feel disappointment prickle inside him a bit.

He continued through the trees until he got to the spot where he last remembered the Bill Cipher statue was located,  only to notice it wasn't there anymore.  Dipper took a few steps towards where it should be and sat down. The one thing that remained from that weird summer was gone.

∆∆∆
Dipper didn't realize how much time had passed until he found himself waking up. He noticed a shadow looming over him and looked up to see a blonde male about a year older than him. 

The male peered down at Dipper for a moment before grinning. A feeling of familiarity creeper up in the back of Dipper's mind.  Something was telling him that he knew this guy who was standing above him. He slowly got up and looked at the other.

The male had messy blonde hair, chillingly familiar golden eyes,  a yellow pullover sweater and black jeans. He was a few inches taller than Dipper. The more Dipper looked at him,  the more unstable he looked on his feet,  as if he weren't use to walking or standing.

After a few moments of silence,  Dipper decided to speak. "Uh... You okay?"

The male looked at Dipper. The grin he had sent chills down his spine. The male chuckled softly before he spoke.

"I'm perfectly fine.... Pinetree."

In that very moment,  everything seemed to click within Dipper's mind. This person standing before him was none other than the dream demon he thought was defeated. 

"B-bill?" Dipper stuttered. He had so many questions. How was Bill even alive? How was he human? Why was he here?

"Correct Pinetree,  in the living flesh!" He laughed before adding,  "Literally!"

His laugh was exactly the same from in the past. Dipper took a few steps back,  ready to run if Bill tried anything. While Bill was laughing,  he ended up falling.

"Uh. How long have you been human?" Dipper asked,  looking at Bill as he got up from the ground.

"Just a few hours. " Bill said.

It was obvious to Dipper that the 'all powerful ' demon wasn't used to having a body of his own.  Well, what do I care? It's his own problem.

Dipper checked the time on his phone and realized he should be getting back.  He turned to leave but a certain demon just had to start talking.

"So you're just going to leave then? Find out I'm alive and you walk away? You humans really are interesting. " Bill chuckled again as he crossed his arms.

"Oh I'm sure you'll still be around. " Dipper said as he walked off into the woods once again. After a few steps his pace picked up so he got to the shack sooner. 

He had only one question on his mind: should he tell anyone that Bill was back?