Chapter 17

Sunday morning:
"Ooh! What's this then? Breakfast in bed?" a drowsy Dr. Miller murmured saucily, waking up to find Elle's face extremely close to his as she shook him awake. "Sorry, mate, ya can catch a bite at the airport. We're already late to pick mumsy up, sleepy head!" she explained hurriedly, jiggling the car keys continuously and noisily as he began to nod off again.
"Sweetheart, could ya stop flirtin with the girl at the counter?  Be a good boyfriend an' help mumsy with her bags, wontcha?" she called out lovingly, as she accosted her mother, while he checked out sunglasses at the duty-free shop. "Sweetheart....gotta get used to er callin me that!" he muttered with a smug grin, sipping on his coffee before he finally paid for a pair he liked. "Why dontcha be a good girlfriend an' give er a hand with em yerself?" he retorted, putting on the sunglasses before strutting towards them stylishly. "What're ya...you're gonna blow our cover...!" she whispered, glaring at him for not playing the part of the good boyfriend and making a good first impression in front of mumsy. Funnily, it was quite the opposite, as mumsy seemed impressed by his attitude! "I like this fella! Standin up against your bossy and tyrannical demeanor like that. Ya know, my boy, most of her relationships didn't work out cuz of all that bossiness. " mumsy began, placing an arm around the lanky Scotsman who she'd already taken a fancy to, making conversation as they walked towards the exit. "I'm not tyrannical...And Mumsy, don't start...please!" Elle pleaded, lagging behind them as she lugged her mother's suitcases along.  "Honestly, her first boyfriend? This tyke in eighth grade, Rory. Followed her around at school loyally, carried her books an' stuff an' let her boss him around...Until, he could no longer do it anymore! Long story short, she came home from school, cryin after their breakup an' acted like a complete teenage drama queen, she did! I'd say you're a keeper if you can put up with her bossy attitude!" the old lady spilt the beans, much to her daughter's embarrassment and the doctor's amusement!
"So, how's your sex life?" was the first question that mumsy shot their way as soon as they buckled up and Elle backed out of the parking space. She gasped on hearing her mother's question and almost hit another car, while he snortled, sputtering and almost spilling his coffee all over her dashboard! She elbowed him angrily as he tried hard to unsuccessfully control his laughter.  "Mumsy...that's private." she replied, politely declining to comment further. "Oh...c'mon...Sex is a beautiful, natural thing! An' I'm only askin cuz a relationship without sex is chaos, ya know?" her concerned mother prodded further, surprisingly quoting Dr. Miller. "Told ya!" he muttered to his beet red receptionist, on hearing her mother second his belief. "Besides, I'm hopin for a lotta grandkids with this one. Look at those dimples an' amber eyes! Who wouldn't want their child to have those, eh? " mumsy cooed anxiously, reaching over from the backseat to pinch the blushing doctor's cheeks. "Oh...I'm gonna thoroughly enjoy havin er o'er at our place!" he gushed, beaming at the amount of affection showered on him by the old lady. To Elle's relief, the kind doctor kept her nosy mumsy enthralled with his family history- Enough information to keep the old woman occupied with her idea of numerous, healthy, Scottish grandbabies, so as to veer her away from the topic of their non-existent sex life.