Chapter 18

Song choice: Haven't met you yet by Michael Bublé
*******
"Oi, just one bite! That looks temptin." he requested, scowling as she batted his hand away as he reached towards her tasty cupcake. "I don't like to share. So, you stick to your candy floss an' I'll stick to this yummy cupcake, kay? " she warned, licking off blue frosting and smacking her lips as she bit into the sweet treat. He grumpily picked at his blue candy floss as they waited for mumsy to arrive with the tickets to what was apparently the scariest ride at the theme park. Mrs. Vitino wasn't too keen on doing the regular,touristy, sightseeing stuff and insisted on doing something more adventurous like rock-climbing. But since she had a bad back, they decided to hit the Chessington World of Adventures instead. "Is she bein all selfish an' greedy again? That's what she did in school too, ya know? Refused to share her lunch and ended up as Billy no mates! " mumsy interjected, as she returned with the tickets and spotted them bickering childishly over sharing foodstuff. "Mumsy, it's like sharing saliva. It's disgusting!" Elle defended herself to her mumsy. "Speakin of sharin saliva...how bout a lil kiss, you two lovebirds? I want a pic of my favorite couple. An' I just loaded this baby up with film. " she exclaimed enthusiastically, raising the camera up while the phony couple exchanged hesitant looks. "Who's blowin the cover now, eh?" he muttered, as she shrunk away just as he leant in to kiss her. She rolled her eyes, noticing her mumsy's anxious gaze, before letting him kiss her.
He felt a stinging pain on the side of his face as soon as their lips touched. "I'm so sorry. I sorta go into anti-sexual harassment mode around you. Always on alert, ya know?" she whispered apologetically, as he pulled away from her and rubbed his aching cheek. "What was that?! You just slapped him across his face, Elle!" mumsy reprimanded, lowering her camera in horror. "Oh...that! That was nothin, Mrs. Vitino. Foreplay, actually...." the quick-thinking doctor recovered quickly enough to lie to mumsy and defend his nervous receptionist's actions, before turning to Elle and jokingly whispering to her - "Although, all the slapping an' spankin an' biting's specifically reserved for the boudoir, love!" "Oh...you two oughta get a room!" mumsy teased, on noticing him wink saucily at her relieved daughter.
"We really have to stop meetin like this! With ya endin up icin my injuries." he struggled to speak, but was still able to flash her a toothy (albeit, bloody) grin as she tended to his swollen cheek with ice cubes from the ice dispenser in the washroom of the theme park. "I don't think we can pull this off. Mumsy's gonna find out..." Elle worried. "Well, I think we're doin fine. Totally believable chemistry, even without the sex! Pointer though- next time, try not to slap me when I kiss ya, kay?" he advised cheekily, finding himself gazing lovingly into her caring eyes as he clasped her cold palm in his and gently pushed it away as he felt the pain subside and no longer needed further icing. He felt a tingly sensation as their fingers touched, but dismissed it as the freezing effect of the melting ice. "Look at that...Public bathrooms, same as ever! Filthy...filthier, actually! I do have a filthy memory ere involvin a threesome..." he recounted, shaking off the tingly sensation and returning to his usual self. "Ugh! No sex an' no talk bout it either!" she interrupted in disgust. "Don't worry. It wasn't me this time. Sadly, it involved my dad. My thirteenth birthday. My parents took me to a theme park...an' mum caught my cheatin dad havin a threesome with two women who worked at the dunkin booth! Divorced the next day. " he continued, as she listened intently.
"Well, at least I now know who ya take after!" she remarked jokingly to lighten the mood. He feigned laughter at her remark, before his gaze fell upon a piece of charcoal left behind on one of the dirty sinks, possibly by the very miscreant who'd scrawled his phone number across the wall in bold, black, charcoaly handwriting. Unable to resist, he flashed her a mischievous wink before finding a blank space on the wall and scrawling: Call Elle Vitino for a good time, along with her phone number below it! "I should've hit ya harder!" she muttered under her breath, as he let the charcoal drop to the floor. "Is this raisin any red flags for ya? " he asked, placing his hand at a safe distance on her waist as they walked back to mumsy. "No, that's alright. Proper boyfriend behaviour...But, that isn't!" she replied, before batting his hand away as she felt the cocky man sneakily slide his hand down her back and towards her buttocks!