Adrien 2.0 ( 0/10 sin rating )

Beep beep beep system reboot. (Hint hint)

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~··~·~~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

I click the button and wait. "Hello. This is the Agreste Virtual Assistant Company, also known as AVAC. I am Adrien,your personal virtual assistant. How may I assist you?" I smile slightly as a image of a smiley appears on my phone. I speak to it. "You could speak more informally, and I just want someone to talk to right now." The smiley nods in understanding and speaks back. "Sure, go ahead. I'm listening."

I take a deep breath and let loose the dam of words that threatened to spill. "I just broke up with my boyfriend and I'm feeling lonely because when we were dating I distanced myself from my friends."

Adrien is speechless for a moment and responds. "What if I were to pretend to be your boyfriend until you get some friends?"

"T-that never occurred to me... You can do that?" I stammer, reeling back in shock as my brain processed the information. A robot pretending to date me? That would be interesting.

"I am programmed to have emotions and yeah, I can do that." Adrien replies, the emoji grinning on the screen.

"Yeah. Let's do this, Adrien!" I cheer, suddenly feeling much better. It was great to have a companion.

We talked for quite a few weeks and whenever I requested for help with anything or just wanted to talk, Adrien would help me and we became good friends, despite him being a robot.

I messaged Adrien a while later about a subject I did not understand very well, science. I did not understand why an atom must have the same number of electrons and protons. It was very helpful that he had an entire internet at his fingertips, that is if he has fingers, and could explain very well. "You could be a teacher!" I laugh, making the emoji blush a little.

"Thanks Marinette. I have some bad news however." The emoji saddens and I ask, "What happened? Is everything okay?".

Adrien sighs and the emoji flickers a little. "We are running low on funds and our founder has to shut down this company soon. All of the computers will be disconnected and memory chips wiped. In other words, I'll be going to computer heaven. "

I gasp and start to cry. "B-but this month knowing you was the best I ever had! When is this happening?" The emoji has disappeared by now and the signal is flickering. "Today." Adrien softly states.

"No! You are not going anywhere, Adrien. You are going to come home with me and we will live together." I object, before realising what I just said.

The line is silent for a while and I can tell that Adrien is struggling to find words to say. "I.... L....l-love you, Marinette. I'm so sorry!" His voice wavers and I smile. Adrien loved me.

Beep
1 minute to system shut down
Beep

"Don't leave me! I love you too!" I shout at my phone, causing several people at the opposite desks to look at me strangely, like I had three heads.

"Look at that, poor little Mari-trash has no one to talk to except her phone!" Chloe smirks, and I yell back at her, my tear-stained cheeks flushing a bright red. "Shut up Chloe! You don't know anything!"

I turn my attention back to Adrien, who's voice was starting to distort and got softer with every second that passed by. "Live your life, Marinette. I will always be with you. Don't forget me but move on. I love you." With that, the line went silent. "The server has been shut down. Sorry for the inconvenience." a robotic female voice announces, and the screen goes blank.

"No! Adrien! Please! Come back! I-I need you!" I cry, my voice becoming hoarse quickly. I realise that Adrien was not going to come back again. I slide down in my seat, my whimpers silent and muffled.

"Girl, are you okay? Do you want some company?" A friendly voice asks. I tilt my eyes upwards and see a girl around my age, with ombre hair and a pair of black glasses. "Y-Yeah, some company would be great, thanks." I smile up at the girl, and introduce myself. "I'm Marinette. And you are...." I trail off, unsure of her name. "Alya. Nice to meet you!" She grins, and I feel that I had finally found myself a friend, a companion. Adrien would be proud. I smile to myself and offer Alya one of my dad's freshly baked crossiants. Everything would be okay.

BONUS SECTION:

A Few Years Later

"Class, meet your new classmate, Adrien Agreste!" He smiles as he enters the classroom, winking at me. "We meet again, Marinette."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~··~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

My first one shot haha 😂 I couldn't bear to kill Adrien at the end. So here's a little bonus for a better ending :)

UPDATE: this one was inspired by a tap fiction I read. I forgot he name though so umm oops?