V I I

Bet you lost faith in this.

But don't, yet.

Also! I need your help! If you would like to write like a small "introduction" to this 'book' please do and send it to me! I've been trying to write a new one but I'm completely stuck. The current description of this story is crappy.

Thanks!

-Enjoy
________________________

No one had told you anything.

No one told you why the fractiones were nowhere to be found but even more important though;

Why Grimmjow still hadn't returned.

You had woken up earlier that day feeling calm and relaxed and you couldn't even remember when you did that the last time. You quickly got dressed in your usual clothes, a pair of wide and loosely hanging trousers and a loose tank top. Even tough there was a faint unease creeping in the corners of your mind you pushed it away, Grimmjow would laugh at you for worrying about him and you knew how strong he was. He could defend himself. In great neeed of something to do in order to keep your thoughts at bay you set out to explore for  a bit, since this was the first time in quite a while that you didn't have any duty's to attend to.

Well, "duties" had very recently completely changed meaning for you. A couple weeks ago you studied, trained and helped out with various tasks around Las noches.

Since you were appointed another mentor though your duties consisted mostly of (but not limited to);

1. Trying to wake Grim up without pissing him of. This was proven to be VERY hard. Once though, you had tried to 'seduce' him out of bed, it turned out to have the opposite effect.

2. Trying to get anything related to your training done. In most cases this completely failed. Surprisingly though, evading Grim's advances had made you very agile and the long nights spent with him consisting of not much sleep had, maybe, made you a tiny bit stronger.

3. Repeat this and sometimes get food in between.

You usually avoided to go outside of las noches, the forever dark sky, without a star to be seen and where there was rarely any sound to be heard and so very few smells it could easily drive even the most collected person not used to its wast emptiness completely insane. So you remained inside on most days, and since your protector was not home at the moment you decided against venturing out today.

You instead made your way outside of Grimmjows realm of Las noches, which mostly consisted of large rooms with enough hole in the walls to be structurally unstable, but Aizen appeared to have that covered too. Walking around in the cold white halls, dragging your nails against the coarse texture of the walls, you feel a presence. It's faint, it doesn't want you to notice or it wants you to think that you caught it while hiding from you, a tactic often employed by the wicked creatures of this place. You ignore it, carelessly continuing to stride across the halls, waiting for nothing to happen.

You wandered the halls for a while, letting your thoughts wander. Wondering what it was that you usually did when you weren't ferociously training for combat and avoiding Aizen. You remember trying to strike up conversations with you previous trainer many times, but he never seemed to understand your very human need for social interaction. Then perhaps, he was the one individual in this castle that had the least amount of interest in anything, especially something involving a subject as lucid as someone else's emotions. You remember his facial expression changing two times a day when you were with him;

1. In the noon he would roll his eyes at you when you told him you couldn't study any longer.

2.Later in the afternoon he'd furrow his brows at you when you told him you needed to rest and eat.

Ulquiorra actually got very frustrated one time when you had told him that. Perhaps it was the fact that he wasn't as stoic as he though or maybe it was the fact that you had taken notice.

Maybe you weren't of a high enough stance in Aizens army to prance around and talk to anyone you'd like, but despite what most arrancar initially had led you to believe they were actually far more intrigued by you than they tried to appear not to be. And you had also found something that they shared with the common human, and in most cases was even more true:

They absolutely loved to talk about themselves.

What enemies they had killed, how strong they were and all the stories they had, they loved to share it and they were also quite curious about you humans. Or well,

most of them that is.

The more higher ranking ones you tried your best to stay away from.

You had only ever attempted to talk to two of the espada, Ulquiorra during the period he trained you and of course Grimmjow although barely at all before he was put in charge of you. Grim had mumbled for you to "stay out of his way" and mocked Ulquiorra for having to babysit a lowly human. Ha! Funny how things can turn around on you like that.

While lost in your thoughts you are suddenly interrupted. The presence flares. Like a flame, just about suffocate then suddenly given access to oxygen. The presence swells, changes form. The force it irradiates intensify. And it's closer than it made out to be. That means one thing;

You are being hunted.

You quickly turn on your heel while still imagining you are taking a calm stroll in the halls all by your stupid-ass self. Gods you were thankful at least Ulquiorra taught you some useful tricks, most importantly how to sense other life energies and how to hide from them.

You try to stay as absent minded as possible while taking long strides towards safer places, trying to remember the quickest way to get into Ulquiorras realm. Whoever it was that was tracking you surely wouldn't follow you in there.

The flame of energy had died down a little, now only trickling faintly. Perhaps to lure you out once more. It wasn't Grim, you felt his energy like your own plus- he wasn't the type to trick and stalk. Grimmjow was a more straightforward hunter. He sees first, kills second and third asks why everyone's angry with him.

This person following you though,

This was different.

Making a sharp turn you go around a corner and you immediately recognize yourself, you are really close to safety now. You don't know why this little chase has got you all worked up, perhaps it's the fact that it behaves so strangely but first and foremost, you don't know how far away Grim is.

Turning around another sharp corner you almost run straight into something and the flame implodes in your mind, spreading and expanding like an exploding star, the life force engulfs your mind until the point that it's painful enough to make you fall to your knees, trying to shield yourself from it.

"Oh, I didn't see ya' there" says a voice you've only heard a few times, but the person themselves you've heard lots of. Mostly one thing in particular though:

STAY AWAY FROM HIM, You had never seen Ulquiorra so close to showing actual emotions as when you mentioned that persons name.

And here he was, waiting for you like a snake ambushing it's prey.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for bumping into you, Nnoitra"