Chapter 1; Waking up

Lily's pov

Its dark I can hear Mercy moving in her room slamming things as if she had lost something important but most likely just looking for her lipstick. I tune her out and listen some more I hear My foster mom Kirsten down stairs talking blabbing about mess here and there. How she has to clean after everyone. When in reality I clean everything and after everyone while they sleep. My foster dad Chase is silent most likely sleeping in. Who wouldn't the way we live is awful. When he comes from work he looks like he dreads coming back here. Mercy slams her door and pushes mine open harshly. Tsk here we go I think as she scrunches her brow and puts her lip up into a snarl. I am forced to sit up I glance out the window to see Rob getting in his friends car its Sunday a day before the first day of school. I'm a junior how I wish I was a senior like Rob. I would only have 1 year left of school. But I have 2 years of school left and I'm only 17. Looking back at Mercy she now has her hands on her hips.She's only 15 and she is already obsessed with makeup. She's an evil girl with no respect for anyone's privacy.

" Yes Mercy. " I ask getting up I only sleep in a sports bra and jogging pants. I look in the mirror my sapphire blue hair is now fading. I will re-dye it tonight. Maybe purple. Or just blue again. It is my favorite color.

" W where is my makeup ?" she stutters out a blush on her face and I turn and raise my brow in a questioning look.

" Mercy I did not touch your makeup. So I wouldn't know. " I tell her politely not wanting to make her mad. She stares at me for seconds too long and I cross my arms and shift my feet uncomfortably. Shaking her head she glares then turns her back and walks out.

" I should go out today. " I say to myself. Grabbing some paper I make a to-do list

- get new sketch pad

- get pencils pen and paper

- get hair dye

- get food

- get pads

- Pick up contacts

I look around wondering what else I need. Shrugging I fold the paper and put it in my jeans. Walking out of my room and into the bathroom I shut and lock the door. Ive been here most my life and learned that when Mercy got older the colder and creepier she got. She liked just coming in the bathroom while I was naked and just looking. When she became 13 she made excuses saying she just had to use the restroom or she needed a big mirror. I figured she was gay out soon. I'm not against the lgbt community of course being apart of it myself its just that girl is creepy and I'm her number one target for her lesbian fantasies. Tsk why can't normal girl like me silently not creepily. I sigh as the warm water hits my bare chest. Closing my eyes I listen as little feet scuttle about. I frown the twins are awake and ready to cause havoc. Its about 12 in the afternoon so them being up is a surprise. I grab my washcloth and begin to bathe myself. Washing my hair as well. Stepping out of the shower I dry off then pull my clothes on. Walking out I almost bump into Mercy. She stares hard and I almost roll my eyes.

" Excuse me " I say softly before walking past her and into my room. I lock the door this time. I pull my hair dryer out and start to dry my fading blue hair. Hm what color ? Purple ? Red ? Grey ? No Ive done those colors I need something new I haven't done but not basic. Or maybe I need a new hairstyle I stop drying my hair and look into the mirror. My hair is long and layered into a point down my back. Hm I pull out my list.

- get haircut

Smiling I touch my hair and get up. Stepping near my closet I close the doors and pull the broken wood out the wall. I hide my money in there for safety purposes of course. Putting the wood back I open the closet back up and open my door walking out I close it and lock it.

" Where are you going ? " Mercy asks as I touch the door to the front. I want to slap this girl.

" Are you going to the park to draw. " she points at my sketch pad in hand and I nod. That was one of the things I plan to do today.

" Yes Mercy I am. " I answer her and she nods then goes back to watching TV. Most likely a rerun of bad girls club. That show is idiotic pinning women against each other just to see which one is the worst. Weird if you ask me. But then again I don't watch much TV to judge what others watch. I only watch the news and that's about it. Its really a beautiful day. Maybe I should run back in and get my camera? Na a little sketching should be good. I have alot of ideas that need to be put on paper. Walking up the street I head to the park. Ill get that done first. I really shouldn't though. I always lose track of time. But that's fine. Not like they care if I find my way back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

James's pov

Looking at the clock I see that its 12 in the afternoon. Ive been up since 4 o'clock this morning. Getting my clothes ready for the next day. Picking them out. Ironing them and hanging them in the closet. Then I make sure my room is clean. Checking every corner. Every crack. Its something that calms me before I start the day. To know my room is perfectly in order. I hate messy things. It usually doesn't take this long but school starts tomorrow and I also had to have my assignments packed into my backpack. I am in the IB program and they assign you homework over the summer.

" James open up. " I frown Tyson is up. Opening the door I scrunch my face up. He has nothing but boxers on. I mean I wouldn't complain if he wasn't a complete asshole. For a 16 year old his body is physically fit. I'm not talking about overly grown meat on his body. I means he's only 16 lets be realistic.

" What Tyson? " I ask noticing the smirk on his face. Like he knows something I don't.

" I'm taking you to school for now on. "

" Why? " I question his friendliness, because that only comes with pain. Ive learned that the hard way.

" It'll save gas for Ma and Da duh. " He thumps my forehead and shakes his head walking away. Like Ive said the most idiotic thing. Rubbing my forehead I close my door. Like he cares though. He's just gonna use this over me to do something for him. Or lie for him which is stupid because they believe him over me any day.

" Doesn't matter really though. Not like I can tell him no and continue to get a ride from Ma and Da. " I say to myself I shake my head and walk out the room and downstairs to the kitchen.

" Morning Ma. " I peck her cheek and sit at the table.

" Morning sweetie I'm making your last home breakfast of this school year. So how about pancakes, bacon, and eggs. " she smiles at me. See Mira is a good Ma. She actually does care for me. It's just she cares for Tyson more. Way more. So I try not to show interest in things or Tyson will take it out of spite.

" Sounds good Ma. " I state as Da walks in. He sets a box in front of me.

" This is your phone. Use it for important shit like school work and calling in emergencies. Your in 9th grade now and it's time to give you more responsibility. Also now you can call and text your sister any time. " I look at the box it's the newest Lg I think honestly don't care I have a phone that's better than Tyson's 2 year old phone. So I smile and thank David.

" Thanks Da I really appreciate this. " he grunts and sits back knowing he got brownie points with Mira so I'll be needing my headphones on tonight. I shrug and open the box. Turning my new phone on I see the companies logo. Verizon. Hm nice. Once it's on I add a lock and change the setting to my liking. Putting the first number in which is my sisters of course.

- Lily I got a phone now. So text whenever. Also how are you? Do you need any money? - After a minute or two she text back but Ma has put the food on the table and I've seen what happens when Tyson does it. So I put it away.

" Tyson breakfast! " Ma yells and he comes down quick enough. Pecking her on the cheek then he sits next to me. Honestly after that the day is a blur.