Chapter 3; First Day

Lily's pov

It's the first day of school and even the air feels different. Like ugh that's what it feels and smells like. And what it will for the whole school year.

" Um Lily stop thinking so hard and get in the car. " I shake my head and hop in the passenger seat.

" I for one am excited for this year. I plan on getting my first boyfriend before the year ends. No more hookups. " Looking over at him I laugh knowing that's gonna be hard. This guy has the highest standards for his ideal boyfriend.

" Don't laugh I'm serious. I've taken this summer to rethink things and they don't have to be perfect. They just need to follow my rules to the T. That way I'll make them perfect. "

" Nate what makes you think that someone wants you to control them?" I ask as he pulls into the corner store down the street from my house.

" Well any guy that want to date me of course. " I open the door nodding to the cashier.

" Right. Well good luck with that " Grabbing some Dill pickle chips and a strawberry soda. I head to the counter.

" Will that be all? " I shake my head and pull out my wallet.

" That'll be $4.57. Would you like paper or plastic ? " She asks

" Neither. Thanks though. " I say as I grab my stuff and wait for Nate at the door.

" You always get those nasty things. " Gasping I hold my fave snacks to my chest.

" How dare you. These are delicious. " He laughs and cranks the car up.

" Girl those are nasty. End of discussion. " I open my chips and shrug.

" Can't wait to see my classes. " Uhhhh why?

" Hush. "

" I said nothing. "

" I can see it on your face. Look we have this year and the next. Why hate it when we can enjoy our last 2 years. " He states and I shake my head.

" I don't like people. " Laughing he parks the car and turns it off.

" Girl you'll be fine. Let's go. " I sigh as I get out grabbing my bag.

" This is gonna be fun. " I say sarcasm dripping from my voice.

" Your right it will be. " He ignores my tone and walks into Dale High. I jog to catch up. I see Rob near his friends by the entrance. He looks my way and nods and I nod back.

" I wonder how many classes we have together. " Nate goes straight to the guidance office and I follow. As we walk in I see Ms.Trainer. She's the schools only guidance counselor and she's actually loves all her students. Always happy and I've never seen her mad before. Really pretty woman too. She has dimples that pop when she smiles. Probably the only person I'd have a conversation with happily.

" Well hello Nathaniel. Having a good morning? " Ms.Trainer asks and he rolls his eyes

" It's Nate and yes so far I am. " She just smiles at his attitude and turns to me.

" What about you Lily? "

" Yes ma'am I am. Could we get our schedules ? " I ask

" Oh yes of course. " She turns to her laptop and the printer whirls on.

" Here you are. Hope you have a good rest of your day too. " She smiles and her dimples showing. If only she was my age. I'd marry her.

" Thank you. I hope you do as well. " Nate grabs my hand and pulls me out of the office.