Chapter 2; School days

Lily's pov

- Lily I got a phone now. So text whenever. Also how are you? Do you need any money? - Looking at the text from my brother I smile. He's always worrying for me. I get my money from the art I sell downtown and it's enough to get me the things I need, but even though he's not suppose to sometimes he sends money or visa gift cards to help me and I appreciate it. It really helps.

- I'm fine jay. Wbu are you okay? Ready for school ya little nerd? - I text back then go back to sketching. My bags on my side and my new haircut makes me feel even more gay than I am. Which is really gay. I decided to get a old trend haircut. A part of my hair is shaved low with a cute little design and it's freshly dyed blonde, blue, and purple. It's really a mix of those colors no true color pattern and I love it honestly. After finishing the sketch I started last week. I date and sign it then grab my things a begin my walk home. 15 minutes later I'm home and Mercy is still sitting on the couch watching tv. She looks up then frowns.

" I thought you were just going to draw. " I nod then continue to my room. Passing the kitchen I see Chase is up and eating cereal. He nods my way and continues to eat. Chase has this don't start anything you don't want to finish attitude like all the time and honestly I think he's the only one that doesn't irritate me. Once in my room I set all my food items in my mini fridge. Yes cost me $150.67 but I needed it so whatever. Setting my new sketch book with the other 4 old ones I grab my camera and open my window and climb onto the roof. Omg dangerous right no well yes but I've been doing this since I was 12. I mean I got with them when I was 12 and this place is way better than my old places so I made sure not to give them a reason to ship me off. Kirsten doesn't care that I'm gay either. She said as long as I don't bring all different types of girls home and Chase well Chase said he doesn't care as long as I'm not loud. That conversation with them was the closest thing to parenting they've done with me. Laying on my back I take pictures of the clouds. They're really fluffy looking today. I think my favorite cloud type is when they're thin and wispy. If that even describes it. But add in the sunrise or even better the sunset. Man clouds at night are even more beautiful than the ones during the day. Feeling a vibration in my pocket I set the camera to the side and check my phone.

- Well I'm finally in highschool so this should be fun right? - This makes me laugh. Highschool is not fun. Most likely he'll get bullied teenagers can be cruel.

- You keep having a positive look on things buddy. - He replies in a minute.

- I am so dead. - I just shake my head and send the laughing emoji then I focus my attention back on taking pictures of the sky. Soon it gets dark and I see Rob jump out his friends car and go into the house. I check the time and see its now 8:00 pm. He's home early. Noticing a text I check my messages.

- Yo we have a new art teacher and she's banging. - My one and only friend Nate texts me. He sounds straight but trust me he's anything but.

- Not as hot as your mom I bet. - I laugh and he sends a emoji that look hella shook. Then my phone starts ringing.

" Hey man what's up? " I ask casually

" Yo you know how I feel about you calling my mom hot man. " I shrug like he can see me and climb down into my room.

" Hm you'll live. So scale of 1 to 10 how hot? " I set my camera down and pull my cloths off. And put on a sports bra and some pajama shorts.

" Oh well I say a 8.5 but she could be a solid 9 if she didn't talk. "

" Wow sexist much. " We laugh knowing damn well he's not.

" Shut up seriously you know my moms the Superintendent for the school board now. So she had a dinner with all the old and new teachers and she's snooty as fuck.
" What is snooty? "

" Man she's uppity. Rich background and all that. " I shake my head.

" You have a rich background and all that. Does that make you uppity? "

" Tsk just wait you'll see. Well byeeee I gotta prep for school." He hangs up before I can reply. Guess I'll get my shit together too. I put my camera in its bag and and my sketch book in my bookbag. Sitting back on my bed I throw the cover aside and pull my cloths from under the bed. Hm What to wear? What to wear? I pick my fave hoodie with a sexy ass Velma on the front saying "Oh no my glasses!" and my black skinny jeans. And lets go with black Levi's alright ready for school tomorrow. I set my alarm for 6 am and by 7 am Nate should be here to pick me up.

" Yo Chase bought take out. You know how the twins are. If you want some better get some now. " Rob tells me as he leans on my door. Robs a typically highschool kid. He blends in. Nothing to remarkable about him. He's not the school bully. He's not the school gay. He's just Rob. Now he can be an asshole. Anyone can but other than that he's your average Joe.

" Cool thanks." setting my outfit to the side I get up and follow him to the kitchen. He always buys party size. Says it costs less than buying everyone's favorite. And its true, but still I don't like sharing with the monsters. They have a tendency of putting their fingers the rice. Saying stuff like ew maggots. And who in their right mind would eat it without cringing.

" You've been gone most the morning and stayed on the roof most the night and now you come done for food. " Mercy has a plate already and the twins are close by Chase.

" Shut up Mercy. " Rob tells her and she sucks her teeth but walks away.

" She's gonna learn the hard way about highschool trust me. " He shakes his head and passes me a plate.

" Thanks. " He nods and grabs him a good bit and heads back upstairs. I get some rice and sesame chicken. Enough so I dont come for seconds. Heading back to my room I feel my phone buzz in my pocket.

- Junior year baby. And step closer to being Seniors. 😝 - I smile setting my food on the table next to my bed.

- Also 1 or till im 18 - I sit on my bed and start eating.

- Yas we have to do something fun. Idk what yet but I will figure it out. -

- You have 1 yr buddy. -

- Ew who says buddy. - I shrug as if can actually see me.

- Idk man. So did you take a pic of sexy new teacher ? -

- I knew you were gonna ask so I took the liberty of getting a full body in the name of yearbook. -

- Bless you. - I set my phone down for a moment to grab my laptop. Time for some Netflix before heading to sleep. I dont know what to watch next. Into the badlands or peakyblinders.

I feel my phone vibrate when I pick into the badlands. Pausing it at the beginning. Bruh. I call Nate. He picks up immediately and I can hear the smile in his voice.

" I told you. "

" Your mom definitely hotter. " I laugh as soon as he groans

" I loath you. But seriously hot right. "

" No man. What type of pic is this. It blurry. " I say looking at the pic again.

" You right but my mom wouldn't let me take another one. "

" So why even send me that one you butt. " I shake my head and click start on the TV show.

" Ill say one thing though. She has beautiful skin tone. She's defo my preference. Thats why your moms so hot to me."

" Dude your gonna walk to school. " I laugh and he groans

" So basically your into black girls. "

" No I' m into beautiful black women. There is a difference. "

" Whatever girl. I have no preference. A man is a man. "

" Okay. Well I'm hanging up. Imma start watching into the badlands on Netflix. So ill see you in the morning. "

" Okay. Love youuu. Sweet dreams bitch. " I smile and hang up. Then set an alarm for 5 o' clock and I put my attention on my laptop.