Chapter 57 - Untold

Sophia

I looked at my husband and he looked so worried the way I reacted a while ago. The way he stared at me I know he was thinking that I am so mad after what happened to him and Seth. Well, he was wrong for that. I'm not mad at him, I was just worried for him coz I don't want him getting hurt neither wanted to see his brother with bruise in the face. They were supposed to treat each other like a family.

Kanina ko pa pinauwi si Seth dahil baka lalala pa yung gulo. What if my family will know about it lalo na yung kapatid ko, sigurado akong pupunta kaagad yun dito if someone might spread the news. Ang hindi ko lang maintindihan kung bakit kailangan pa ni Seth na pumunta sa kompanya ng asawa ko when he already knew that it's Gavin's territory? Maybe, he was trying to settle things between Amores and Berrones' rivalry issues in wine industry? But I don't think it's the best time for him to do that.

Tumayo si Gavin mula sa kanyang inupuang swivel chair at matamlay na lumapit sa isang couch kung saan ako nakaupo. I decided for us to stay for a while in his office coz I wanted him to take a deep breath but I haven't talked to him since I asked Seth to get out from my husband's territory. Sinubukan ni Gavin na lambingin ako kanina but I didn't say anything. Pinandigan ko talaga na ayaw ko muna siyang kausapin just to let him know that this was not I wanted for him.

"Hon, I'm sorry... Please talk to me... Promise, this won't happen again..." suyo niya at nasa tabi ko na siya. He kept kissing the side of my head while wrapping an arm around my waist. This man really killed my strength.

Nagmatigas pa rin ako but he pulled me closer and closer until I could hear the beating of his heart. "I'm sorry..." he whispered and his words were breaking.

And I couldn't help it without turning my head to him. I'm so madly in love with my husband at hindi ko siya kayang tiisin.

I cupped his face. "I love you." Saying those beautiful words was the only way I could ease the pain in his heart.

He didn't say a word but pulled my face and kissed me passionately. His kiss gave me a message that somehow my words healed half of the pain and it brought hope in my heart to never stop helping him to accept his past and learn from it.

"I can't hurt him and I don't know why," he said in a sad tone as we parted our lips.

Hinaplos ko ang kanyang pisngi. "Because your heart knows that he is your brother," tugon ko.

"Are you mad at me?" I could feel how painful his words are.

I shook my head. "I have no right to judge you, my love... I wasn't there when you were suffering with your not beautiful childhood days but I want you to remember that whatever happens I will never leave your side not just because I am your wife, I will never leave you because living a life without you is like killing my own self.  You are my life, Gavin..."

"Oh, Sophie, thank you for loving me..."

I put my finger on his lips to cut him off. "You keep thanking me everyday."

"Because you deserve it, my beautiful wife."

"Hmm... just kiss me..." but he didn't let me finish my words by stealing a quick kiss on my lips. He grabbed me and guided my waist to sit on his lap, paharap sa kanya. Itinaas ko ng kaunti yung skirt ko just to make myself comfortable while sitting on him.

I wrapped my arms around his nape. "Hon, baka biglang bumukas yung pinto..." ani ko habang nilaro-laro yung buhok niya.

"Shhss... I already told them not to bother me especially when you're here with me and my cam was turned off since the first day you went here," he smiled teasingly.