Chapter One

I am Tara Jones. My twin brother and I, Thomas live with our older sister, Kelly in Normalville, Massachusetts. As the oldest, she inherited the house and the tradition of living in it until her death when our dad died in a freak accident. Our mother, swallowed in "grief", abandoned us for a new life with another husband and told my sister to keep whatever was her share of the will. I'm an outcast at school because I always keep my nose in "fantasy" books. Even the people considered nerds and weirdos don't even wanna hang around me. Honestly though, who needs them? Anyway, I am a full believer in the supernatural. I believe in unicorns, I believe in monsters under your bed that can inhabit your mind and most of all.....I believe in ghosts. The thing about Normalville is, no one else will entertain even the slightest thought that there might be something more powerful around and among us. They say the idea is stupid and to just keep working do I can have a sensible  career. They want me to be a teacher or a doctor or something boring like that. I want to be a detective. 'Detective Jones,' they'll say,'You ma'am are the best detective the world has ever seen.' 

Normalville is supposed to be the most normal town on the planet. It should be called Boringville, since there's nothing exciting here. Except for its history. Normalville's school doesn't have a history class because it's past is tippity toppity secret. I've heard a few stories from the older folk but for the most part, there isn't much. There's this urban legend about an old wandering spirit that if summoned, could destroy everything. And I'm gonna investigate it.

A/n: Heyyyyyyy guys!!!!!!! Songwriter2002 here!  New book....awesome right?! Tell me what you think of this first chapter in the comments below! 😘😘😘😘