Mother Son Bonding

Hi low everyone. New part time. Hope you enjoy. I don't own voltage Inc only my oc's. Bye and enjoy.

Sophie pov
Later that day the girls and I decided to get the kings and princes out of each others hair for a bit. We took the boys away to go sailing. 

Once we got going it was nice and relaxing. Naomi sat down next to me.
"I'm glad they came." I smiled and nodded my head.
"It's nice to know that they turn out to be wonderful young men." Aurora spoke up.
"Despite being a little too similar to their fathers." I chuckled. Scarlet spoke.
"A little? They're basically younger versions of their fathers."
"Oh? And here I thought they were too similar to you all." I said with a teasing smile.
"Hey!" I laughed.
" Still. I know that they are amazing young boys." Nai said. We nodded and watched them.

After a bit the boys relaxed more and stayed by us.

Later that day Max and I were in the kitchen baking.
" This brings back memories."
" Oh?" I asked.
"When I was a kid you used to always bake with me. I always got so excited to see what we were going to make. But you always reminded me to have patience." I smiled.
" That sounds like me." It was silent for a bit before Max spoke.
" Mother."
" Hmmm?"
" What was it like when you saw dad again." I smiled.
" It was amazing. I didn't think I would ever see him again let alone date him."
" So even before you found out that Lord Michael was your grandfather you loved dad?"
" Yes. Even before. Now. I have a question for you. You said everything changed in the future you came from. But how did Ed really change?" Max had a sad smile.
" He still smiled but it wasn't a real one. Nothing like the one he showed when I was growing up. And the third child, a boy. He didn't completely ignore my little brother but he didn't exactly bond with him either. I guess neither my sister nor I did either. Every time we looked at him we saw your death. Dad also started working more and not really doing things with us. It was like he was a different person from the father I had had growing up. It scared us. Everyone changed. It's like a piece of them was missing." I sighed.
" I wish I could say that doesn't sound like them. But it does. It sounds like something Ed would do if I died unexpectedly."
" There is one more thing."
"The doctors had a way to save your life but it would mean loosing the baby. You convinced the others that your life wasn't worth giving the baby up." I chuckled.
" I imagine you never understood that." He shook his head. I smiled gently.
" Max. It was probably because I believed and have always believed that a parents job is to protect their children at all costs. My mother and father gave their lives so my sisters and I could live our own lives away from royal duties and the hassle. Of course in the end we went back to that life but for a bit we were able to keep our own lives. If giving my life to save my child's life is what I was offered I would do it." Max looked down. I went over and put a hand over his.
" I'm sorry that my choice caused so much pain. But you should hold onto the good memories you had. That's exactly what I would tell you in the future you come from." He smiled.
" That does sound like you." I chuckled.
" Now. I'm going to go rest. Think you can finish up?"
" Yeah. Thanks." I nodded and left towards my room.

When I entered I saw Ed sitting on the bed reading. I smiled and went over. I sat down and leaned against him. He brushed my hair with his fingers.
" Are you alright little butterfly?" I nodded.
" It's just. I feel so bad. The future they come from can't have been an easy one. And Max told me more about the future and how you are in the future he knows. It scared me Ed. Everything. One decision of mine led to so much pain."
" Sophie. You know I love you and you are my first and only love. I couldn't imagine life without you."
" That's what scares me Ed. He said your future self worked more than ever and rarely truly smiled." I sat up.
"I want to fix it Ed. I don't want that much pain and suffering to happen." I had tears in my eyes. Ed reached out and wiped them away then leaned over and kissed my forhead.
"I understand how you feel. We will fix it. Don't you worry my love." I smiled and leaned my face into his chest. He stroked my hair.

We would fix this at any cost.

Okay. Sorry it took so long everyone. Also. This is going to end up shorter than I intended originally. I'm gonna have a giant time skip so bear with me. I'm going to have it show the third child and the decision that changed the future and the result. Hope you enjoy. Adios amigos. See you soon.