~{Chapter 1: You Stuttered}~

~And they settle 'neath your skin

~And they settle 'neath your skin. Kept on the inside and no sunlight; sometimes the shadow wins~
Brave - Sara Bareilles

~Jessica's POV~

I'm running out of history class with Sam and jumping into the backseat of his dad's car. He'd just gotten the third A he needs to get himself a new car... his first car.

Now this is just after I discovered my... what would you call it... special talent? No... a special side of myself I never knew I had: a gift. Sam's my best friend but I haven't told him about my... discovery. I plan to do so soon.

I had just finished watching this series on TV with many mystical creatures like werewolves and vampires, not to mention the Gins. After the show, which was quite enjoyable if you ask me, I had gone to the bathroom to take a shower and when I looked in the mirror... wolf ears and a tail sat comfortably on my body. Long black fur covered the new parts and in a blue tinted flash, they disappeared.

The moment I wanted them back, a blue flame engulfed me and they returned. The fur was silky soft and midnight black, reflecting the light from the bulbs above my mirror. I shake my head to pull me from my flashback.

"Hey, uh... Jess. You good?" I hear Sam ask me.

"Uh, yeah! Why?"

"I was trying to get your attention but you were zoned out," he explains.

"S-sorry, I was remembering something that happened the other day," I say quietly.

"You stuttered. Something that's got you off like that is something you would have told me about."

"When we get to the dealership we'll talk. Okay?"

"Alright," Ron, Sam's dad, drives into the Porsche dealership.

"Ron!"

"No no no NO DAD! You're kidding me!"

"Yeah! Of course I am! I'm not buying you a Porsche!" He laughs and I join him. He got me too.

"Nice one, Ron!"

"No! That was not a nice one! Dad, I'm not talking to you for the rest of this whole thing," Sam crosses his arms and looks the other way as Ron drives into a used car lot.

I see an old Camaro roll into the lot and park in an empty spot but a closer look reveals no one in the driver's seat. As I turn my head back to look at the rest of the cars, I catch a glimpse of something move behind a building as if it didn't want to be seen and once Ron parked the car, I walked off to find whatever it was that hid itself. I approach the corner of the building.

"Hello?" I hear a panicked gasp and step to the side of the building to find a military jet colored with weird markings I've never seen before.

Must be Chinese.

"There's no way whatever that was got away..." I walk to the jet and lay my hand on it's nose before I spot a logo I've never seen before. "What are you?"

"Like what you see?" I see a boy of maybe twenty years walks out from behind the jet. His hair is silver and long with a single red streak on his forehead. His eyes seem unnaturally red. He smirks as he rubs his hand along the jet's side and I quickly pull my hand back.

"Is this yours?" I ask, stepping back.

"You could say that," He shifts his gaze to me, pausing for a moment to think. "Name's Skeet. You?" He gives a sly wink as he introduces himself.

"Jessica," We approach each other fairly slowly, Skeet moving faster than myself. "How'd you even get this here? It barely fits."

"Pure talent, I guess you could call it. Care for a ride?" He gives a small smile and locks eyes with me.

"I've never been in a plane before, let-alone a military fighter jet," before I can continue, I hear glass shatter from the dealership and I turn to see a shimmering sky. "Sam!" I run back to the dealership and hear footsteps from behind.

Skeet must be following.

"Jess?! There you are! Check out my new ca- who's this?" He looks at Skeet.

"This is Skeet, I saw something at the side of the building and here he was!" Skeet seems to be staring at the Camaro and I can't tell if he's angry or scared. "That's your car?"

"Yeah! You don't like it?"

"No no no! I like it! A lot actually! I just- thought I saw something. Must've been a different car," I cover the true story.

"I- uh... hehe... have to be going!" Skeet starts. "Keep an eye on the skies... Jessica!" With a bow and a wink, he runs back behind the building and to his jet. With a loud blast, his jet takes off and I'm left with Sam and his self-driving car... I don't think I agree with this but I also don't think Sam knows so I can't argue. Plus, it's the only car that's not broken so... yeah. There's no turning back.

"He has a jet?!" I turn to Sam with a smirk that was meant to say 'sorry for not saying anything'. "Whatever," He tries to blow it off like nothing happened. "You coming with me and Miles to the party tonight?"

"You mean the one at the lake that we weren't invited to?" I ask, putting a hand on my hip and shifting my weight to one foot.

"It's a lake, Jess. It's public property! We can go if we want to! Come on, get in the car! Let's go have some fun! Not to mention you've got something to tell me," I had completely forgotten about my coincidence and the fact that I have to tell Sam.

~Starscream's POV~

I fly back toward the decepticon base immediately after my encounter with Jessica. She's the one. I know it. She's the one who possesses the power. I felt it in my spark...

Thanks AimeeElizabeth19 for inspiring this story with her amazing "Ruby" series. Super excited to see where this leads!