Chapter 23

Emily

I'm going to a bar with a few coworkers and Emerald tonight. Olivia and Jayden are with Terrence for the weekend. While I was watching TV the doorbell rung. That must be Jamal. I went to answer the door. It's him. We hugged and kissed then I let him in. We went to the living room and watched a movie. "What are you doing tonight?", Jamal asked looking at me.

"I'm going to a bar with a few coworkers and Emerald."

"I don't want you to go."

"Why not?"

"I just don't want you to go."

"Well I'm going."

"No you're not."

"You're not my dad, you can't tell me what to do.". He started laughing.

"You're not going Emily.", he said loudly.

"Yes I am Jamal!", I yelled.

"Okay.", he said shaking his head.

...

While I was getting ready the doorbell rung. That's Emerald. I went to answer the door. It's Jamal. What the fuck is he doing here? "What are you doing here?".

"You're not going to that bar.". He pushed past me and closed the door.

"Leave."

"No."

"Why are you acting different?". He didn't say anything he just looked at me.

"I wouldn't have to act different if you would listen."

"If you don't leave I'll call Terrence and tell him to make you leave, he'll do it."

"Do it.". I grabbed the house phone and called him. While the phone was ringing I got punched in the cheek hard as fuck making me fall and drop the phone. What the fuck is he doing? This is not the Jamal I know.

Terrence:Hello? Hello? Hello?

I got up and he punched me back down hard. I started crying. He is heavy handed as fuck. I saw drops of blood on the floor. We just looked at each other. His fist were balled and he was breathing hard. I looked at the phone then back at him quickly. "Don't do nothing stupid.". I grabbed the phone.

Me:Terrence come get me! Ja-

Jamal snatched the phone from me and ended the call then he started beating me. I kicked him between his legs and made him fall down. I grabbed the phone, got up and ran upstairs. I know I didn't have enough time to go to the door. I went into my room and closed and locked the door then I went into my bathroom and did the same. I should have listened to Terrence. He probably won't even come. I called Terrence back.

Terrence:Hello?
Me:Terrence ple-
Terrence:I'm already on my way. Call the police.
Me:Okay.

I hung up then called the police. While it was ringing I heard the door getting broken down. Next thing you know the bathroom door broke down. He ran to me and started beating me. I cried out in pain. He's about to kill me. I saw 2 feet behind him. The toenails are painted white. That's the color Emerald got. She hit him with something and made him stuble. It was a bat. "Run!", I yelled.

"I'm not leaving you!", she yelled as he stood up straight.

"Run Emerald!". He turned around and she ran. He chased her. I heard her scream. I slowly got up and ran as quickly as I could to them. I jumped on his back and he ran me into the wall making me hit my head and knocking me out.

Terrence

While I was playing the game I got a call from Emily's house phone. I paused the game and answered it.