Chapter 1

Amanda's POV

"Grace, give it back!" I yelled, storming down the stairs after my little 6 year old sister, Grace. She glanced back at me and stuck her tongue out, my phone in her chubby little hands.

I felt anger hit me like a wave. Did she have to steal my phone again? Grace disappeared into the living room before I was halfway down the stairs.

I knew where she would go, the place behind the living room couch. She was small enough to squeeze through there and be safe from anyone she was annoying. Mainly me.

I poked my head behind the couch and said through clenched teeth, "Give it back now, Grace!" Grace shook her head. "NO! I want it!" She said, backing farther behind the couch. "It's not your phone, Grace, give it back!" I snapped.

Grace refused, so an idea came to me. I pushed the couch enough for me to squeeze through, then lunged at Grace. She shrieked and tried to escape, but I blocked her path. Me and her had a little fight behind the couch, me trying to grab my phone and Grace trying to hold onto to it.

I finally managed to snatch my phone and retreat. Grace screamed so loud I was surprised that all out windows didn't shatter. "Give it back, Amanda!" Grace lunged for my phone again, but I had already backed out from behind the couch. Grace screamed again.

"Will you just be quiet!" I yelled to her, plugging my ears with my hands. "You be quiet!" Grace snapped back to me, then darted from behind the couch and ran to Mom to tattletale about me.

I sighed. Grace always gets her way when it comes to stealing my stuff. I tried to turn my phone on, but Grace had burned all the battery from playing video games on it. Frustrated, I retreated back upstairs to my room before Mom could chew me out.

I closed my bedroom door behind me, checking that it was locked before throwing my phone on my bed. I glanced at the pictures on my desk and tears came to my eyes. I just wish that I could go back to my house in Cleveland, TN then moving here to Jasper, Nevada. I could be hanging at my BFF Claire's house right now. Or maybe I could just be sitting in my old bedroom, listening to music and reading. But I knew I couldn't go back to my house, not now, maybe never.

I bit my lip from crying, then picked up a picture frame. The picture inside it was a girl about my height, with beautiful brown shimmering hair and sparkling blue eyes. Claire. I couldn't help myself. Tears start to leak silently down my face. I squeezed my eyes shut and choked back a sob. I missed Claire so, so much. I wish she moved here with me. At least I have her number, so I can call and text her anytime I want.

I choked back another sob and reached for my phone. Maybe texting Claire would snatch me out of my miserable thoughts. Then I hesitated.

I glanced back at my desk, a neat little stack of school work sitting there, ready to be worked on and finished. I sighed and wiped my tears away. I might as well do school work before anything else. At least it would make my Mom and Dad happy to see me getting good grades. I walked over to my desk.

Someone calling my name downstairs made me stop in my tracks. Mom. I will so get you back, Grace! I thought bitterly. I clenched my teeth, then open my bedroom door and slowly walked downstairs to face my doom.

Mom was at the kitchen table in the corner of the kitchen when I entered. She was surround by paper and letters-bills and checks, I think-and a calculator sat in front of her. She seemed worn out and stressed out. I felt a pang of sympathy for her. I slid into the kitchen chair next to her. In front of me, Grace sat there, smirking at me. I shot her a nasty look.

Mom sighed and said, "Honestly, Amanda, I would think you would have better common sense then attacking your sister." "She stole my phone, Mom! What was I suppose to do, just sit there and act like she didn't steal my property?" I snapped. Mom just grunted.

"Amanda, ever since we moved, you have been in a horrible mood. I think you need to go lay down before doing anything else," Mom said. A flicker of concern flashed in her eyes. I grumbled as I got up to return back to my room. "You and Grace are both grounded from TV for a week," Mom added. I rolled my eyes. I didn't even watch TV! I turned to leave, but Mom stopped me. "Wait. I want to talk to you. And Grace, go upstairs and take a shower."

Grace crossed her arms and huffed, but she stomped away with Mom staring with her famous You'll be grounded from TV longer, Missy, if you don't do as I say look. I smirked as I watched her go upstairs, but my smile slipped away when Mom beckoned to the empty seat beside her. I took it and sat down.

"Amanda, I'm worried about you. Is there anything wrong?" Mom asked, staring at me with a worried expression. I didn't say anything. "Is is school? Or people at school?" Mom pressed. I almost snorted. Mom already knew I was shy and quiet, and never really made a lot of friends.

I plastered a fake smile on my face. I didn't want to tell her that I hadn't make any friends yet, and almost everyone at school ignored me. "Nothing's wrong, Mom," I convinced her. "I'm just sad that we moved, that's all." Mom sighed with relief and gave me a weak smile. She brushed the hair out of my face and said, "I'm sorry about leaving, honey. But maybe I can find a better job here, me and your father." I nodded. "Now, go upstairs and work on your homework," Mom ordered. She leaned in and gave me a kiss before turning back to her own work.

I sat there for a few minutes before slumping off to my room. I closed the door behind me and walked over to my desk. I was just about to start my Algebra homework when I got a text. I grabbed my phone from my bed and pulled up the message app. An unknown number I didn't recognize had texted me. I pulled it up and was confused when I read the text.

Hey Ratchet, can we come to base?

Puzzled, I text back:

Umm, I think you have the wrong number. This isn't Ratchet.

I got a reply back almost immediately after I sent my text.

Are you sure this isn't Ratchet?

Yes I texted.

A few minutes went by before another text was sent to me:

Oh well, then who is this? I'm Jack Darby.

Jack Darby! I knew him! Mainly because his locker was near mine. I can pick up names pretty quickly. I quickly texted him back.

This is Amanda Winters. I'm the new girl in your school.

Ohh, I remember you! I don't see you much, since your so quiet. So um, I have to go. See you at school tomorrow?

My heart pounded as I texted back with shaky hands:

Sure! I'll see you tomorrow! Bye!

I cringed at my last text. He's probably thinking I'm going to go crazy. But I was happy to know someone was texting me from school, even if it was someone who mistaken me for someone else.

Then I frowned. I scrolled back up to the first text. "Hey Ratchet, can we come to base?" Ratchet? Base? Who would name their kid Ratchet? And what did Jack mean, when he asked if he could come to base? Puzzled, I push the thought out of my head. "Base" was just probably a slang word for a house, and "Ratchet" was maybe just a nickname for a friend of Jack's.

As I was sitting there on my bed, I suddenly yelped, dropping my phone on the bed. My head started to pound, and weird alien-like symbols started to fill my vision. I became light-headed, and I could hear my thoughts, but they sounded like my thoughts were talking underwater. Then, it ended. I wasn't surprised. This had been happening to me ever since the age of 5.

I sighed, then turned back to my homework, completing all of my school work at 8:30. But as I climbed into bed, I couldn't stop thinking about my little chat with Jack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, Buddymykitty here! This is my first Transformers book :T I hoped you like this chapter and continue reading :3

~Buddymykitty