Chapter 10

Amanda's POV

For the rest of the week, I avoided my friends. I didn't want to talk to them, let alone see them. I knew the first thing they were going to ask me was, why was I crying? And to be honest, half the reason, I didn't know. Did I want my symbols to disappear, or come back?

That was the only question on my mind. From the moment I woke up, to the moment I closed my eyes. I couldn't focus on schoolwork, so I was chewed out by the teacher. Mom grew worried about me. She tried to have a one-on-one talk with me, but I told her I was fine and my grades will approve soon. She believed me, but she still didn't seem convinced.

I thought about going to base Friday, since I skipped the chance to go Thursday. But I couldn't bring myself to enter seeing Ratchet poke around my vision and find out the truth. Will my symbols disappear? I didn't really want to know. I didn't want to cry all over again, even though during lunch on Thursday I excused myself to go the bathroom. Really, I just found the farthest bathroom and cried. I didn't know what else to do.

Saturday morning rolled around. Beep, beeep, beep. I groaned and lazily tried to turn my alarm clock off. Beep, beep,beeeep. Irritated, I sat up in bed and pushed my glasses onto my face. Then I turned to my alarm clock. 4:23. That was time? In the morning? I scratched my head, trying to remember if I set my alarm clock to wake me so early in the morning. I didn't remember. I shook my head. Maybe I was imagining things.

I was about to crawl back into bed when my bedroom door swung open. I cringed as it hit the wall, and turned to see Grace standing in the hallway. Her arms were crossed, and she had on jeans and a blue T-shirt with her tennis shoes. "Umm...did you sleep in those?" I asked, gesturing to her outfit. She shook her head.

A scowl deepened in her face. "Uh, heeellooo! You have a giant alien guy who can transform into a semi truck parked out in our driveway!" Grace said in a really annoying voice. I groaned and buried my face into the pillow. "Tell him to go away," I said, my voice muffled by the pillow. Grace sighed. "I'm not going to do that, cause he'll probably get mad," Grace huffed. I groaned for what felt like the 50th time.

"Primes don't get angry as much, Lily," I said, peeling my face off the pillow. Grace cocked her head. "What's a Prime?" She asked me. I rolled my eyes. Optimus must've not explain things to her just yet. "Never mind," I muttered. "Go tell him I'm getting ready." Grace looked relieved. "Hurry!" She chirped, then bounced away. I shook my head. How can she have so much energy at around 4:30 in the morning? That I will never now.

I threw on a white T-shirt and some faded jeans. I slipped my feet into my tennis shoes and grabbed my phone. I checked myself in my bathroom before pounding down the stairs. I was so tired as I made my way down, I almost fell on my face.

"Come on! What took you so long?" Grace snapped. She was standing next to the front door. I sighed. "I'm tired, ok? I don't have as much energy as you," I muttered as I walked outside. I shivered as a cool night breeze swept my hair back. I turned my head to find Optimus in his truck form, headlights on. He honked. Loudly. I cringed.

"You're going to wake up the entire neighborhood like that!" I said as I ran over to Optimus. He opened his passenger door for me. Grace followed, bouncing. "I want to come!" She said, crossing her arms. She walked over to me. I shook my head. "Grace, Optimus isn't your guardian. We'll pick you up later, ok?" I said, climbing in. Grace pouted. "What about this?" She asked me. She rolled up her jeans on her right leg to show a long deep gash. Most of the blood was dry.

"Grace!" I said, horrified. "Didn't Ratchet help you?" Grace shrugged. Then she cocked her head. "Uh, which one is Ratchet again? And why would he help me?" She asked, puzzled. I sighed. "Come on," I said. I opened the door for her and she climbed in. She fastened her seatbelt, but I didn't want to. Instead, I scooted all the way behind the steering wheel. The blue Autobot symbol glowed up at me.