Chapter 5 |~| New Squad

(Flashback)

"It that my Dad, Gran?" Your little 4 year old self asks your Grandmother.
"It sure is poppet" replies Your Gran with a smile on your face. You look at the photo of a handsome young man with dark hair and mystical purple eyes and a small smiling you standing smiling in the corner. The man you haven't seen in 2 years.
"Where is Dad now Gran?" You ask.
"Far away poppet, he should be coming to get you soon my darling." Says your gran as she places a hand on your check.

(End flashback)

You wake up from your bed, remembering your gran. Remembering that before she died she told you to go and find your father, but you never did. You couldn't remember what he looked like. After being attacked by that Nobel and turned into a Fang against your own will, just so he could have you as a cute little slave. You couldn't confront Guren about it. You didn't want to break his heart. The things that he like Yuu also wanted to destroy. Is the very thing that you are. You keep telling yourself that Guren only copes with you being a fang because you are to his advantage. If he finds out that he using his own daughter his heart would be broken. You couldn't do that to him. So you keep up this charade of being this little girl he found on the battle field. Even after going on that mission a year ago to the outskirts of Tokyo. To your Gran's old house and finding that photo again of your father. Finding out that it was Guren you couldn't do it. You couldn't tell him. For it would destroy him and also yourself.
You sit up from your bed, you pull out a old photo.
"I did what you told me Gran, I found him. But it's to late to tell him I'm still alive. I'm sorry." You look down at the photo of Guren. A tear falls down you face but, you quickly wipe it away. You place the photo back in your pocket and get up out of bed. You pick your jacket up from where it had been thrown probably by Guren and put it on. You pick up your boots and sit on your bed and put them on. You fix your uniform mainly you socks cause they had fallen down while you were sleeping. You walk over to the small mirror and fix your bed hair. Annoyed with it not doing what you wanted, you just pull it up into a pony tail. (Sorry if you have short hair)  your bangs fall out and you push them to each side of your face. Finished with your hair you hear a knock on the door. You walk over to the door and open with a stiff hand. You open the door to Guren. He looks at you surprised.
"What?" You ask
"Umm nothing. You just remind me of someone." Guren's expression goes back to normal
"Here's your ration, next time you have a breakdown don't punch the wall, we had to fix it again." Says Guren
"Well I wonder who I get that from ha? I lived with you bound to pick up ur habit." you smirk
"My habit?" He asks
"Yes your habit, you punch the wall when your angry too." You reply
"Yeah but at least I don't put a whole in it." He raises his voice
"Yeah you do." You mumble
"What did you say?" He starts to get angry.
"Nothing." You smile back at him. He calms downs.
"I'll be going out again, all classes this week have been canceled due to these mission and many of the heads and recruits have be assigned to it." Says Guren.
"Okay then."
"I'll have someone get a member of Shinoa's squad to come get you, you will have to train and get to know them all week, then you have a mission."
"Okay I'll see when you get back tonight."
"That's if I come back." Guren smirks
"Don't talk shit, okay your coming back even if crazy smoker had to drag your ass back here. I still can't believe you made me make that thing, that weapon is so stupid."
"I know, okay bye I'll see you later."
"Bye Guren." Guren leaves and you close the door. You look down at the ration in your hand. You hated this you hated doing this, but at least it's not blood from a innocent human but rather a stupid vampire. You open the tube and swallow it all in one go. You throw the tube into the bin breaking it up to make it look like someone dropped a glass product. You lay on your bed waiting for someone to get you. You couldn't be bothered to go find Shinoa's squad. Plus someone should be on there way anyway. After sitting around for 15 minutes, you hear voices and a knock on the door. You reluctantly get up from your bed and open the door. You expected to see a messenger and Yoichi or someone, but instead you opened the door to the whole of Shinoa's squad. Shinoa, Kimizuki, Mitsuba, Yoichi and Yuu. 
"Hey guys." You say a bit surprised.
"Hey (f/n), you ready to go?"  Asks Yoichi happily.
"Yeah." You reply stepping out out the room closing the door behind you. Everyone starts to walks an you trail behind. Feeling slightly uncomfortable. Yuu falls behind and walks next to you
"Hey (f/n), you okay?" Yuu asks
"Yeah I'm fine now, thanks for helping me." You smile. Yuu smiles back.
"So (f/n), why were you in the infirmary, I was dragged here with out a debrief." Kimizuki asks as he glares at Shinoa.
"Ah well, umm my squad was sent on a mission with out me knowing and was placed under another squad leader. They were killed in action two days ago." You stop and look down at the ground. You hold back your emotions not wanting to have a repeat of yesterday.
"I'm, I'm so sorry." Says Kimizuki
"It's okay, I'll be fine, but yeah looks like I'm joining your squad." You look up at everyone.
"What a squad of 6 I thought they didn't go past 5?" Say Yoichi confused.
"They don't, but for some reason the higher ups thought it would be a go ideas to have an elite squad of the highest ranking teens." You say. Everyone looks slightly less confused.
"Well let's get training we have been assigned a mission in one week. So we have to train with (f/n) and get to know her." Says Shinoa happily to the point it was annoying. You all start walking again. You walk to the training rooms but quickly make a stop at your dorm to pick up your sword and other weapons. You walk down the hall and make it to your dorm. You look to the wall beside it to see a huge gaping hole.
"Shiiittttt, I lost it" You look at the hole. Everyone stands behind you looking at the whole confused.
"(F/n), you really did punch a hole in the wall this time didn't you?" Yoichi let's out a soft laugh.
"Wait (f/n), did that, what the!?" Shouts Mitsuba. You look at everyone embarrassed. You open your door and let everyone in. Everyone looks at your very boring simple room. But not like they can talk all the door rooms are the same. Yoichi sits on your bed while everyone stands up looking at him confused.
"I always come to (f/n)'s room, I've know her since I came here." Says Yoichi with a smile on his face. You walk over to your cupboard and open it. You throw a cloth over your ration so no one sees them. You lean in and start to pull things out of your cupboard. You start to throw things onto your bed next to Yoichi. Everyone looks at you throwing things, then at the bed. You had been throwing all you weapon onto your bed. A small pile lay on the bed but they time your are done.
"Wait, they are all your?" Ask Yuu.
"Yep and all forged by me." You say. They look at your surprised. You grab three small packs full of small knives and hooks them onto your belt and push them behind you. You place a sword holster onto your belt but don't attach anything to it. You grab a small leg holster and strap in to your thigh, then clip a small rod into place. You slip a small pouch into you boot and put small thin blades in it. Everyone looks at you. They have never seen someone with more then one weapon.
"Hey Yuu, can you pass me that sword just behind you." Yuu turns around to find a beautiful sword resting against the wall. He picks it up. He looks at the sword admiring it.
"Is this the sword Guren was talking about?" Asks Yuu still holding his sword.
"Yep Artemis." You say. Yuu hands you the sword and you clip it onto your belt. Small black flames emerge from the sheath.
"Yes Artemis, we're going, you can finally do some fighting." You hold the sword by the handle.
"Okay we ready to go?" Asks Yoichi.