Chapter 6 |~| First mission

Making your way to the training rooms you talk with Yuu. He tells you about his plan for revenge, about how he want to kill all the fangs for killing his family. You keep your shock hidden and accept his views. You also if you could you would kill every last one of those fangs, but in the end would you have the guts to then kill yourself. You never wish to die but with the fact that you hate fangs could you get rid of your self. You keep listening to Yuu, but as he is about to finish he is cut off my Mitsuba announcing that we are at the training rooms. You enter to find it relatively empty. Only a couple of people were training. You walk with your new squad over to the larger training area.
"Okay (f/n), let see what those weapons of those can do." Says Shinoa
"Just only the basic uses of them, heard last time you use them to the fullest that the roof almost came down on you." Says Mitsuba. Again everyone looks at you just standing there. You look at everyone with a smirk on your face. In a instant three of the training dummies have small knives and blades in them. A couple of seconds later the knives and blades come back and place themselves back into their holders and the dummies fall to the ground in pieces.
"I've never seen a weapon that comes back to its wielder like that." Says Kimizuki.
"You see Artemis here, well when she was placed into my sword parts of her were also placed into the small knives and blades. So every time I use them the come back because part of her are trying to connect back with her. It's kind of cruel but since she is one of the strongest demons we have managed to catch we had to keep her from breaking out." You state. You pull Artemis out if her sheath. Yoichi turning on one of the mechanical dummies.
"Okay what do you guys want to see?" You ask.
"Just shows us your speed, reaction time and general sword skill." Says Shinoa. You wait for the training dummy to approach, you get into stance. You lunge at the dummy in a flash cutting its vastly approaching arm. You stand behind it waiting for its next attack. It turned around and looked at you. It swings it remaining arm at you. You put your sword up to stop it from coming any closer to you. You start to push the whole dummy back. It's feet loosing traction and about to give way. Everyone looks at you surprised the dummies are extremely heavy and are hard to move without controls and you are moving it like nothing can stop you. You push the dummy forcing it always from you allowing you to swing an attack at its abdominal area. You stab it again shutting the machine down. You put artemis away as you look at the now lifeless machine. You turn to the others only to quickly jump up and land on the machine's head. You bring out artemis once again and stab the machine in the head. The machine had not completely shut down before your just performed attack. It tried to grab you but it wasn't fast enough to catch you before you shut it down. You just off the dummy and look at everyone. Just staring at you. You think that they have given up with the surprised faces. You keep demonstrating your skills to your new squad until about lunch time. You quickly excuse yourself not long after you had sat down with you food at the cafeteria with everyone. You quickly leave to go to the bathroom. You come out to Shinya and your squad walking up to you.
"Hey guys what's up?" You ask confused.
"Looks like there are a couple of fangs that have wandered into the 5 kilometres perimeter mark outside the gate, they want you to go and exterminate them." Says Shinoa
"Think of it as a training exercise to get to know your squad better (f/n)" say Shinya kindly. Shinya leaves and the 6 of you suit up and get debriefed before you head out on your sudden mission. Swinging your cape over your shoulder you get into a transport ready to go to the broken world outside. You are left at the 4 kilometres mark just west of the main gate. You and your squad get into formation. Shinoa at the front. Mistuba and Yoichi behind her, Yuu and yourself behind them and Kimizuki behind you. You walk around for no longer then half an hour when you hear something. You pull out artemis and signal to the other to say quite and get ready to attack. They follow you and draw their weapons. They trail behind you as you lead to where the sound came from. You walk behind a pile of turned over cars and buses to find a small little girl cowering in fright. You approach the girl while the others remain cautious.
"Hey little one, don't be scared it's okay we're not vampires. It okay we are part of the Imperial Demon Army." You say softly to the girl. She lifts her head and a smile grows. On her face with fangs protruding from her lips.
"Fangs, I repeat fangs get ready!" You shout. The little girl jumps up to the top of the pile of cars and it joined by a small group of fangs, about 6 of them. They jump down and surround you. They don't take notice of you squad at all.
"Well, well look what we have here, Ferid's little runaway. Looks like he will be happy to know that your still alive." Snarks one of the vampires.
"Don't move!" You order your squad. They freeze.
"I belong to no one, so I suggest you leave before you get your asses handed to you!" You shout
"Ohh a feisty little one, think I could have a little bite before we bring her back to Ferid?" Says the vampire. That's it you have had enough. You pick up artemis and point her towards the vampire.
"Try me, Bitch!" You glare at the fangs. They get cocky, but then so do you. The come at you only for you to jump up and stand in front of your squad.
"You guys ready?" You ask your squad. You look at Yuu. He has a grin on his face.
"Okay then let kick some vampire ass!" You jump forward making the first attacking. Yuu follows your lead and so do the rest. All of you taking on one fang each. You take on the miserable wretch that was insulting you before. You notice he is a noble.
"Well it's been a while since I've seen a noble, it's going to be so much fun killing you." You flash yours eyes at him, glowing red, with a insane smile on your face. The Noble shocked, let's his guard down long enough for you to hold him back with your sword while you throw you small knives at him finishing him off. You watch the Noble's body burn as you feel a dull sensation in your back. The small child vampire had come at you slashing at your back. You turn around in a instant and slay her. You lean on your sword to help you stay balanced. Once you get your balance back you join the fight again. Yoichi is in trouble. His bow had been thrown away and a fang was almost on top of him. You quickly run toward him stabbing the fang in its heart. It burns and vanishes. You help Yoichi up and notice all the other fangs have been defeated. You smile at everyone and notice that Yuu had been injured. He had been slashed on his arm. It starts to heal very slowly with the help of his Demon. You put artemis back in her sheath where you again feel a sensation on your back. You pull something out of your lower back. It's a blade. You turn around and try to find who threw it but couldn't see anyone. You look at the blade and it has a small inscription on the handle. "Hello my little Runaway" it read. Everyone looks at it confused. Yuu pulls some bandages and orders you to turn around. You do as you are ordered and take your coat off so Yuu could bandage up your injuries. But to his surprise some of them had already healed. Yuu bandages up the last remaining injuries and helps you up. You feel a little light headed from the sudden yanking from Yuu. You start to lose your balance and Yuu catches you in his arms. You sense your face going bright red only to notice that Yuu had a little pink dusted in his cheeks. You stand up again and grab you coat and put it on. With the help of Yuu, you start to walk back to HQ.