t w e l v e

seven months later -

third person -

Christmas, it was a happy time of year for most people, of course everyone celebrates in their own way, with their own traditions, but regardless, most people are happy around this time of year.

Juliet was home for the holidays, she'd be back until the second week of january and she was over the moon. She had a new boyfriend, they've been together for a little over five months, and he decided to spend the holidays with her and her family.

"Baby," he spoke quietly, coming up behind her as she put on bright red lipstick, "you look beautiful," he wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her head.

"Thank you," she smiled, looking down for a second before rubbing her lips together and looking up at him in the mirror. "i missed you."

"God, i missed you too," he sighed, as she placed her hands on his, resting back against him, "but i'm glad we're back together princess."

She felt a ping in her heart, "me too. um.. if you don't mind, i need to go see someone i haven't been able to see yet. i'll be back in a couple hours okay?"

He nodded, kissing her forehead before she slipped away and grabbed her jacket.

-

She knocked on the door three times, stepping back and waiting a few seconds before she was greeted by Aaliyah, "Juliet!" she said, running forward and pulling juliet into a hug.

"Hi, sweetie," Juliet smiled, looking up and locking eyes with shawn, "hi Shawn."

"What are you doing here?"

She shook her head, "i missed you," she shrugged as Aaliyah let her go. "can we talk?"

He nodded, "Aaliyah, go tell mom i'll be back in a few minutes."

She nodded, running off. Shawn stepped out, shutting the door. "hi," she said again.

"Please just tell me why you're here."

"You stopped writing letters. after i left you just stopped writing them. why?"

"I never stopped. even after i found out about your new boyfriend i didn't stop. I've sent you a new letter every damn day and you never replied. They all got sent back."

"I never got your letters."

"Then who did?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest. "I've been so in love with you since second grade and i've done everything in my power to always be there for you, to always make you happy. That's all i wanted for you. Even when your boyfriend told me to stay away from you, and said that if i ever spoke with you again he'd kill me, i just wanted you to be happy so i did what he told me to and i shouldn't have."

"He told you not to talk to me?" she shook her head, "wait, hold up you're in love with me?"

"How you not notice?" he raised a brow, "and yes that piece of shit did."

"I'm oblivious."

He slightly laughed, shaking his head, "that's obvious."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? why didn't you tell me when i was still here?"

"Because, you've never liked me as more than a friend, if i was even that after middle school."

"We drifted apart, i know.. but you've always been a friend to me, shawn."

"You should go.. i've gotta get back to my family and you've gotta get back to yours."

She nodded, clearing her throat, "it was nice to see you."

"Yeah," he said, putting his hand on the doorknob, "you too."

---------------