33) 🍒Emotions?🍒

👯A A M I R A H👯

The truth was that I was scared to death about Azlan's reaction to meeting his father, face to face. After all, he had depended on me to avoid that situation. Thursday happened to be a public holiday. Azlan and I had spoken over the phone and he told me that in spite of this, his father would still go to work. This crushed my spirits so I got Uncle Ismail to influence Azlan's father to spend the day at home. I told Azlan that he should visit his mother on the public holiday and assuming that he did, he should have had met his father after ages.

Did my plan work or not? I had no clue.

Of course, Rubina helped me with all this. She was naturally a good problem solver and apparently excellent at scheming. Luckily for me, she was also my cousin and our relationship was flourishing. We were both happy and spent a lot more time in each other's  company.

Take today, for example. Rubina and I were walking through Seaview Mall with shopping bags hung over both our arms. Normally I would have gone shopping with Raeesa but since she was only coming back from Bora Bora on Monday and mine and Rubina's relationship was improving, I decided to go shopping with her instead. After all, she asked me to join her. As a typical girl, I couldn't resist shopping. It had been a long time since I had gone out anyway and my wardrobe was in need of some improvement.

"I need some new ideas for my hijabi instagram page. Wanna help me out? Hello? Earth to Aamirah... Aamirah!" Rubina snapped her fingers right in front of my face, bringing me out of my intense day dream.

Or should I say,  whirlwind of surfacing worries?

"What's on your mind, girl? You seem... Distant."

What could I have told her? That I was worried about Azlan? Rubina might have started thinking that I had romantic feelings for him with the way I constantly thought about him. That was the last thing I needed to deal with; Raeesa and Rubina teasing me about someone whom I might have started liking anyway.

"Nothing. It's nothing. Did your mom tell you about the visit to the old age home next Wednesday?"

"She did! I'm so excited. Gosh, I haven't been around old folks since..."

Since Mr. Ali.

》》》

Rubina and I left Seaview earlier than we expected. Rubina had a study group to join and I was not going to hang around in the mall much longer so I went to order food and then I would leave for home.

My phone began to ring right before I could order a burger.

"Lost my appetite," I said, walking away from the counter.

"Hello?"

"Hey. It's Azlan. How are you?"

"I'm fine thank you... How are you?" I cautiously inquired.

"Good. I just wanted to say thank you, Aamirah. Thank you for everything."

My heart was in my mouth at that point and Azlan thanking me threw me off guard. Plot twist: the bad boy was laying off of me.

I thought he was going to murder me for trying to reunite him with his father. By the looks of things, my plan seemed to have worked.

"How can I ever repay you and Rubina?"

A smirk played on my lips.

"We can meet up when you have free time; maybe Monday? You can tell us how you got back together with your family, if you like."

Azlan chuckled. "If I like? You can be too polite sometimes, you know."

Our call ended shortly after we arranged our meet-up on Monday as it was time for zuhr.

I chose Monday because that was the day Raeesa was getting back and I knew that she'd want to catch up on the latest events in my life and I'd rather have Azlan doing all the talking. Anyway, I was overjoyed that things worked out between Azlan and his parents. One lesson that I learnt very early in my life was that if you have parents, treasure them.

You never know when the person you love the most might be taken away from you.

I took the bus to the nearest mosque and headed straight into the womens' section. Once I was done reading salah, I caught another bus and left for home.

Hamid thankfully answered the door. He had a wide grin on his face which made me laugh. I loved seeing my brother happy but seeing him this happy was strange.

"What's up baby bro?"

Hamid rolled his eyes. "Don't call me that, Aamirah. I'm only a year younger than you are."

"Well I can't help it when you have the mentality of a two year old."

"Shut up. You're none the better, especially when you're with Raeesa."

"Touché, sir."

"How is she by the way?"

"Oh, she's alright."

"When's she getting back?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Monday, why?"

"Oh you know, just making small talk."

Hamid was not usually that talkative. He especially didn't talk about Raeesa of all people.

"So. You couldn't have been that happy to see me. Why were you grinning?"

Hamid's cheeks flamed.

Good.

"I... Er..."

"You er what?" I asked him mockingly.

"Nothing. It's just Petunia."

And that caused me to tease Hamid to no end.

¤ ¤ ¤

Date: Sunday, 08 April 2018

Although I finished writing this book a really long time ago, my life has been really hectic and I hadn't been spending a lot of time on Wattpad but I'm back.

I will post one update everyday from here on out until this entire book is published. Please continue to read, like, comment, share and follow me for more new books.

Thank you all so much for your support, I truly appreciate every single one of you.

Smeetha ❤