1. Dolls and princesses

Jamie's POV

Friday, early afternoon. It's a nice, sunny day. Along with my 4-year-old daughter Dulcie, we have a little trip through New York's streets. More specifically - through every toy store that's on our way. We are here for two weeks, and we stay in my apartment. I just want to spend a great quality dad - daughter time.

- Daddy, thank you for this doll. I can't wait to show it to Lexi and Ava! - my daughter's smile is everything to me.

- You're welcome, honey. And be patient, in like a week we will be back in London, and then you will show them your amazing new toy.

- Hey, dad, it's not a usual toy! It's a princess! - she frowns and pouts. I swear, Dulcie trying to look angry is one of the cutest things ever.

- Okay, you're right, lady, excuse me. She's a princess, just like you - I smile widely, reaching into my pocket. I feel my phone vibrating. Oh, 1 new message from my wife.

1:37pm
from: Amelia
Elva just said "I miss my handsome daddy". Regret you couldn't hear that, she's too cute!

I smile to the phone. My daughters mean the world to me. I also adore my wife, but we both do realize that we are more like best friends than lovers. Strong feelings, sexual tension between us - all of it doesn't exist since lots of months.

- Honey, stop for a moment. Daddy has to write a message - we stand on a pavement. I start typing, and bored Dulcie sings her favorite song.

- Let it go, let it go, can't hold it back anymore! Let it go, let it go, turn away and slam the door, I don't care what they're... HEY!!!

I immediately raise my head, looking at my daughter running towards... Oh lord. Oh my dear lord. This can't be happening. No.

- Dakota!!! Dakota, I missed you! - my daughter exclaims loudly that I can hear her, although I'm kind of far away. I walk towards them slowly, like in trance.

- Oh my baby girl, I missed you too! - she lifts her up and kisses her cheek. - Wow, you've grown up so much! And your beautiful hair! It's so long now! - they giggle.

Oh god. She really is there. Really.

- Thank you, your hair is long too! And you know what? Daddy bought me a new doll! You wanna see?! - Dulcie wraps her hands around Dakota's neck, all happy.

The woman says a joyful "Sure!" and starts gawking at me, as I finally stand next to them.

- Dakota... Hi, I am so... Surprised to see you. Positively, of course - I say nervously, watching her reaction. Her face is totally inert.

- Hey Jamie. - Damn. Her voice is cold. So cold.

- Daddy, show her my doll! - Dulcie jumps off Dakota's arms and takes a bag that I carry. Johnson ignores me, not taking eyes off my daughter. Okay Dornan, now or never.

- Can we go somewhere and talk? - I ask quickly, knowing that I have a few seconds until Dulcie starts talking again. Dakota stares deeply in my eyes. I can't read anything from her face. Damn...

- Just look at my doll! What do you think her name should be? - Dakota turns eyes on my daughter and her expression instantly changes. She smiles widely in a motherly way.

- Oh god! This doll is incredibly beautiful, Dulcie! You chose it by yourself?

- Yes! I just went to the store and there were millions of dolls, but I wanted the prettiest one so here it is! - she smiles proudly.

- Oh babygirl, you chose a doll with one of the most beautiful dresses I've seen. Your taste is literally amazing. Maybe someday you will work for Gucci, huh? - they both giggle, although I'm sure Dulcie doesn't know what Gucci is.

____________________________

Author's note:
Okay, the first chapter done! Tell me guys what do you think, your opinion means a lot :) x