3. Pancakes with nutella

— Dakota's POV —

"Daki... Why are you arguing just like mommy and daddy do?"

I hear this little voice and I instantly come back to the reality. Fuck, I got so mad at Dornan and forgot Dulcie is here. Poor kid, she shouldn't be witnessing any quarrels. I remember Melanie and Don yelling at each other when I was a child... Not the best memories.

"Oh sweetheart, it's nothing" - I pick her up and she hugs me around my neck. - "Your father and I, we were just... emotionally talking." - I see James raising his eyebrow.

"Why? Did dada do something?" - damn, this girl is really smart. I take a deep breath.

"Yes, he did, but it's nothing you should worry about. Hey, baby, why don't you show me your favorite phone game?" - I try to change the topic. Dulcie looks at me with her big blue eyes and pouts. She looks like she's wondering.

"Actually... I'm hungry. I wanna eat pancakes with nutella!" - she smiles.

"Oh great! I think I can recommend you a place with yummy pancakes, so you can go there with dad."

"No! I wanna go with dad and you!" - she frowns. Dornan is still looking at us without a word.

"Aw baby girl, I adore you, but I already made plans. I'm sure you will have fun with dad."

Dulcie instantly starts sobbing. She's not screaming, she's not kicking, she's not acting like a brat. She's just silently sobbing and it breaks my heart. She looks at me and through the tears, I can see pain.

"But... Dakota... I missed you... I wanna go with you, please... I wove you." - the last sentence makes me weak. I hug her tight.

"Okay, sweetie, okay. I will go with you, because I love you too. So much! And I missed you too, because you're a wonderful girl."

Dulcie's mood instantly changes. She smiles widely and exclaims a loud "Yay!".

"I'm very glad you're going with us." - Jamie smirks shyly.

"I'm doing this only for her." - I hiss.

What a jerk he is! I can't believe he's acting as if nothing had happened. Nobody can imagine what I've been through because of him. I met him in the end of 2013. I instantly thought he's a nice guy who loves his wife and daughter. I still remember how warmly he was talking about them. I had been treating him as a co-worker and that's all. After a few weeks I could have called him my friend... And after a few months, he became my best friend. I could have talked to him about everything, just like to Riley or Emily, my besties. We were laughing, hugging, joking, but also talking about very serious things. I cried on his shoulder many times... Doing sex scenes and basically the whole working on Fifty Shades made us even closer to each other. I was incredibly grateful to have such a best friend.

But everything has changed in 2016.
Everything.

____________________________

Author's note:
I actually wrote a half of this chapter in February, but forgot to finish it :( Better late than never, enjoy!
I have a question: Are there still Damie shippers who believe they are in love & will come out some day? A few people have been asking if I ship them - well, I'm not a Damie, I just have a wild imagination & i love fifty shades haha ;) But yeah, is there anybody?