Chapter 16

"Everything's packed?" Liam asked, placing my only bag by the front door.

"Yeah, everything but the clothes I'm wearing right now." I responded bluntly.

"Do you know what time you're leaving tonight?" Harry questioned.

"Her plane leaves at eleven-thirty," Zayn told us, taking a seat on the counter.

"That early?" I mumbled, playing with the ends of my hair.

"Yeah," Niall sighed, running a hand through his hair.

Today was the day we've all been dreading since the day I got here. I was leaving tonight. I would go back to boring school, and they would go back to living the wonderful life of a pop-star.

I didn't want to leave, I would miss them so much. But being with them honestly did help. I've been clean ever since the day Niall kissed me, and that's the longest I've ever gone.

Except, that's why I was clean. I had Niall, and he made it so I had no reason to be miserable. But now I was leaving, and I wouldn't have him.

I wouldn't have someone to randomly remind me that I was beautiful. I wouldn't have someone to wake me up with little kisses to the nose. I wouldn't have someone to rub comforting circles into my hips when I was upset. I wouldn't have anyone to make the pain go away. I would go back to being miserable.

"I remember when you first got here," Liam laughed softly, looking at the floor. "You hated us."

"Yeah," Harry chuckled, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "You had such a pissy attitude."

"Hey!" I laughed, pretending to be offended.

"It's true!" Niall laughed also.

"Time went by so fast. It feels like you just got here yesterday." Louis said, pouting his lips.

"I know," Zayn sighed. "I don't want to go back on tour."

"Me either," Harry stated.

"Oh come on!" I scoffed. "You guys should be ecstatic about going back on tour!"

"We are, it's just-" Liam ran a hand through his hair.

"It's just you're like family now, and we don't want to leave you. We want to make sure you're safe and happy." Louis began.

"We've spent almost two whole months together, and I think I can say we've all grown attached to you." Harry continued.

"You mean a lot to every single one of us, and you always will. There will always be a special place in each and everyone of our hearts just for you. You and only you, because you're the only person who can fill that place." Zayn smiled at me.

"We love you," Niall said, stunning me.

'Love?'

"I love you guys too," I said, swallowing the lump forming in my throat.

"Stop! Don't cry it's gonna make me cry." Liam laughed, and his eyes were indeed beginning to tear.

"I'm sorry! It's just- I'll miss you guys so much." I laughed through my tears.

"We'll miss you too." Louis said, smiling sweetly at me.

-

"I can't believe this is actually happening." Niall mumbled, tightening the arm that hung around my waist.

"Me either." I sighed.

Right now we were in the car, on our way to the airport. And I couldn't dread anything more than I dread this. I didn't want to leave them, they make me happy. I know this may seem silly, because we've only known each other for a month. But I've grown to rely on them to comfort me when I'm sad, I've grown to count on them to keep me standing when I want to fall. I've grown on them to be my reason for living.