17- "Dancing isn't really my thing"

Chapter 17 - Dancing isn't really my thing

"Okay! So did he ask you?!" I ask Hanna impatiently at our senior lunch.

She sighed then looked at me and grinned.

"HELL YA! I'm so excited!!" She yells making everyone in the food court look at us.

I sighed dramatically.

"Hanna, inside voice..." I explained.

She looks at me and nods then continues to eat her Panda Express food.

✿✿✿

I walk into my bedroom and throw away all the pictures of Hanna and Marco into my little trash can that was in my bedroom.

I forgot I had them until Hanna and I were on FaceTime last night and she saw their pictures sprawled across my desk.

And that was when she told me to throw them away because she can make some more memories with Brett. Marco was the unhealthy jealous type of person.

"Um hey honey." My dad says awkwardly while walking in my bedroom.

My mom coming in too.

"Are you going to the homecoming dance? Because I really want to go dress shopping with you sweetie. Your grandma used to take me, also I got homecoming queen and your dad was homecoming king junior and senior year. Also we got prom king and Queen our senior year of high school. It was a pretty big deal." My mom explains while holding my dad's hand.

I groaned and rubbed my temples.

"Fine I'll go. But you're buying my dress then because I didn't really wanna go." I explained with annoyance.

My mom squealed like a little girl that just saw build a bear for the first damn time.

"Okay we'll head out in ten minutes let me change really quick!" My mom says smiling at me and then running out of my room.

My dad gave me a nod and then walked out of my room too.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

I put on the fifth dress of the evening, well night because we've been here for three damn hours and I can't find a dress to even wear.

But I guess it's my fault for getting one at the last minute.

Anyways, the dress I put on was short and white on the main part of the dress with nude color sleeves. Oh and there's rhinestones like everywhere on the dress.

"Alright honey, let's see." My mom says outside of the fitting room.

I open the door and then walk out.

My mom was sitting on the white round fancy looking chair with her legs crossed and barefooted.

She took off her wedges when we first came here to Dillard's because they were bothering her feet. And she only wore them because James got them for her months ago for her birthday and she didn't want to hurt her child's feelings by not ever wearing them or telling them that she straight up hates them.

I'm not gonna lie though, James can be a bit of an over emotional person.

"Oh Kylie...." She gasps and stands up and walks up to me with a hand over her chest.

I walked in front of the giant mirror that was behind her and then looked at it myself.

"This is the one." I here my mom tell some lady that works there.

And I agree with my mom.

Now I can go home and continue watching my show The Office.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

"Do you even have a date yet?" Hanna asks me while she's trying on some of her earrings.

I was laying on her bed painting my toenails black like my soul.

"Um nope. But that's okay, I'm only going for the damn food." I say concentrating on my pinky toe, which in my defense is the hardest fUcking toe to paint.

"Maybe Nolan can take you? He wasn't really gonna go either. And you did accidentally buy two tickets today." She says while looking at me making me look up at her.

"Actually scratch that, you bought a ticket, but then someone gave you a free one because you look like you've never been to any dance before in your whole life." Hanna laughs.

I glare at her then continue my focus on my toes.

✿✿

I walk over to Nolan's house and make my way to his front porch.

"Alright, you can do this Dawson." I chant to myself.

I then stopped and rang his doorbell really fast, so fast that it didn't even make a sound. Making me groan and ring it again.

Then Nolan answers and he grins at me.

"Well isn't this a surprise. What do you want Miss Dawson?" He asks crossing his arms over his big muscle man chest.

"Um I was wondering if you want to go to the homecoming dance with me... My mom is making me go and I happen to have two tickets. Only if you want to.." I mumbled but I guess he heard all that because his grin grew even bigger.

"Why of course Dawson. I'll come over to your house Saturday at 3 pm." He explains while messing with my braid .

Then he walks inside his house and closes his door then locks it.

I sighed and walk down his steps but I trip and fall down the steps on my butt.

This is just great.

Then the sprinklers on Nolan's lawn went off making me completely soaked.

✿✿✿

"Okay okay one more picture!" My mom says happily.

Making me groan and Nolan laugh.

My mom took a few more pics then she and my dad were looking through them while James came up to us.

"Have my sister home by midnight. Or else you'll be sorry Barrett." James explains while poking Nolan's chest.

Nolan nods at him.

"Of course Dawson." He says.

Nolan and I then walked out of my front door and towards Nolan's car.

Homecoming here I come.