❥nine❥

❥Nine❥

            "It's game day!" Luke whooped. He and Ashton and Michael piled onto Calum's muscular frame, who was lying in bed. He looked asleep, but no one actually slept past four in the morning on the day of their performance or game or presentation, et cetera.

            "You're playing against the Snakes, baby boy!" Michael hollered, his pale face tinged pink with excitement. Ashton, who was still the quietest of the four, grinned brightly. Calum gently pulled him forward by the neck to kiss his cheek. The ballerina giggled and blushed, his sun-kissed face warming under the soccer player's slightly chapped lips.

Calum was grinning as he rolled out of bed. He grabbed his peacock-coloured jersey, rubbing the soft fabric between his fingers. A glossy white twenty-five was ironed onto the back, along with his surname in big, bold letters, and the AAG logo was on the front. White stripes helped to separate the sea of blue, and his shorts matched. The teenager changed quickly, winking and wiggling his bare ass at his companions. He slid blue and white socks up so that they were just beneath his knees on both legs, perfectly symmetrical on muscled calves. He slid black track pants on over top, slightly tighter over his shin pads. Calum wore a familiar pair of white cleats with blue threading and stripes on the side, and grass and dirt had stained the toes and the sides.

            "I've never seen your soccer uniform before," Ashton commented, smiling shyly. "You look really good," the ballerina added.

            "Thanks," Calum said, his voice soft and almost... shy. The boy was always boisterous and charismatic—had been ever since he met Michael and Luke. He'd grown from the shy boy who was bursting at the seams with talent and energy into a confident, filter-less boy who put his talent and energy to use. But Ashton was starting to help him to think more before he just blurted things out; Calum, Michael, and Luke were a puzzle, and he was the final piece to create a beautiful image. He was also adding colour to the puzzle, and Calum's piece had just been painted.

            "Come on," Ashton said, smiling brilliantly. "You have warmups soon, right?"

            "Whoo!" Ashton cheered and screamed at the top of his lungs with the rest of the crowd as the AAG team jogged onto the field. Ashton, Luke, and Michael had changed into the school's colours and painted their faces. Ashton wore an oversized jersey and white leggings, his nose had a blue stripe and he had two horizontal stripes on his cheeks—one blue and one white. He bounced on the balls of his feet, clad in white combat boots with blue flowers. The three boys had all sprayed their hair blue, and Michael had similar face paint to Ashton, whilst Luke had his entire face painted blue. Michael wore white jeans and a blue jersey, and Luke had similar white jeans, but he wore a giant school flag around his neck like a cape. Under that, he wore the same jersey as the other two. Even with all that, they were some of the most regular looking fans in the crowd.

            Calum still spotted them immediately. He winked at the three boys as he jogged to shake hands with the other captain. The teenager was the star forward and team captain.

            Ashton bounced in his seat as Calum took his position on the field, leaning forward ever so slightly. He was obviously ready to run as soon as the other team kicked the ball. And he was; the wiry, blonde striker for the Snakes had barely connected with the perfectly round ball before Calum was sprinting towards him. He stole the ball in moments, ripping down the field and towards the net. The Snakes were clearly not ready, considering the game was only a few seconds in and Calum was on the top of his game. He scored with an incredible shot to the top left corner of the net.