Ship Wrecked

Ashley

"Hi, I'm Seth.....And you are?" His right hand was outstretched towards me. That sweet, familiar smile graced his lips. The smile I loved more than anything in this damned world.

I let myself drift into a deep slumber.

The constant blaring noise of an alarm woke me up, and the sound of clumsy, hurried footsteps outside of my cabin reached my ears as my body jerked to attention. I jumped out of bed to check what was wrong, but as soon my feet touched the floor realized what all the commotion was about. I shrieked in surprise as I looked around me.

There was water everywhere.

I rushed towards the door, careful not to slip, and slammed it open. It was absolute chaos as people ran in all directions over the deck, resembling headless chickens. Panicked, I tried to find Austin and our parents.

"Shit!" I exclaimed. There were too many people in my way, running into each other as they scrambled for safety. My weak body was colliding into others again and again.

I was puzzled – how did this happen? What was going on? Where's mum and dad? What about Austin? – and my palms were sweaty. My heart was beating fast and it was hard to breath. I was scared.

I stopped at a corner, trying to breath a little better. My chest felt constricted. Then, all of a sudden, a tall fat man came running from the opposite direction and collided into me. I felt disoriented and lost my balance, falling right into the sea.

I cried out as my body tumbled over the railing and fell into the dark abyss of the cold open ocean. I emerged for a second, gurgling out a cry for help.

"Help me! I can't swim!" But then I fell back under, those being my last words before my head sank under the water and my whole world was submerged in darkness.

____________________________

I opened my eyes, feeling sand inside my throat and salt on my tongue. My body jerked as I coughed and spasmed, looking up as I calmed.

An open sky was over my head and I was on land. The waves must have brought me to a Mediterranean island.

A wave of relief washed over me as I realised something, something wonderful. I wasn't dead. I felt immensely lucky.

But then my heart fell into my stomach. I was alone, and didn't know anything about where I was. I didn't know how to survive. I didn't know how to hunt or cook. I didn't have any survival kits, not even a pocket knife or a hammock. I didn't have a roof over my head. I had nothing.

And what if this was an island of cannibals? What if there were wild, carnivore animals?

I felt helpless. I could feel my eyes watering as I considered my predicament. I had no hope, and my mind was lost. I knew no one would save me from dying here, they probably thought I was already dead.

I was going to starve. I was cold and alone. I felt utterly miserable already.

Before I die, let me sing for the last time, I thought. I loved to sing, it had been my passion for as long as I could remember. There was never a time where I wasn't singing. When I sang, I forget about everything. It was my dream to sing professionally.
But it wasn't possible anymore. It was just another unfulfilled dream.

Regardless, I started to sing. I felt my soul uplift as I opened my mouth and sang my heart out, the words caressing me in a way that touched a secret part of me.

I'm standing, in the dark

Dark shadows, never ending

Feeling lost and burned

These feelings, never bending

I'm falling hard

My arms are flailing, all about

The fire burns me

As I scream and shout

Lend me your strength

Give me your hand

Be there for me

Pull me out of the sand

That I'm sat stuck in

Change my behavior

Make me better

Come and be my savior

Be my savior

_____________________________

So, the third chapter of JAF! How's it going so far?
Just tell me what you think. I'd love to know!

Vote, comment and Share!

Love
-Astrareth

And, BTW I'm really really sorry for that crappy song XD.

This one is also edited.