Part Eleven: Sisterly Hate

Frisk's POV:

I stumbled a little bit as I snapped back into reality, noticing that I had been deep in thought and had been walking. I didn't know where I was. . . I was lost.

I sighed aloud and started to walk back to try and get my bearings. A few minutes later I found a fork in the road and just plopped down. I pulled my knees towards me and buried my head into my arms and legs, letting myself cry.

How did I end up in this mess? Out of all the people that could've found themselves in this situation, it was me. What had I done that was so horrible? What had I done to ever deserve this?

I guess that saying that I always heard was true. The worse happens to the best of people.

"Awww, look at my little sis, being the weak one again." A voice said, my sister's voice said.

I stopped letting myself cry, whipped my tears and stood up, brushing myself off.

"What do you want, Chara?" I asked with a hint of hostility.

"Oh, just to visit my dear old sis, who just let me suffer all these years." A small smile snuck her way onto her face.

"You don't seem to be suffering now," I could feel the anger rising in my throat.

"Oh, maybe, maybe not, all I know is that I want revenge."

I felt my eyes widen and my face pale, "R-Revenge?" 

"Yes!" She sounded like she was celebrating, "Revenge. And it will be beautiful."

I yelped a little bit as I felt the cold metal of a knife against the back of my neck. I swallowed, closing my eyes, trying to keep my breathing level.

"C-Chara, I-I know you d-don't want to d-d-do this. I-I know t-this isn't you."

"This is me, darling! This is so me that you don't want to accept it. It terrifies you that someone like me, a sister, a blood relative, could be so evil. It scares the life out of you that you, innocent little you, could be as evil as I am."

"You are not evil!" I snapped, "You are my sister and you are just scared!"

"I am not scared," She laughed, "Not anymore. I realized that I'm not upset at myself, or those who have caused me pain, I realized that I'm angry enough that I can cause pain with ease. I would have killed Toriel and Sans if I had gotten the chance. But I know that they love you, everyone that comes in contact with you has a certain love for you, and I know if I hurt you, I hurt a lot of other people."

I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment and then opened them again, slowly. I said in a low and slow tone, "You do whatever you want with me. I will not be weak for you. I will be strong in the face of Death herself."

Chara in took a sharp breath and the grip on the knife tightened, "Let's see how long you can keep up that act."