Part Thirteen: But She Refused

But she refused.

Sans' POV:

I scrambled backward, shocked as I saw Frisk heal herself, a red aura encasing her body. Papyrus was shocked beyond description.

Toriel struggled to stand up and just watched, something flashing across her eyes that I couldn't read. Frisk then stood up and looked around, confused.

"Wasn't I dead a few second's ago. . .?"

The room was silent for a few more seconds before I jumped up and hugged her, Papyrus doing the same, except he lifted us up and off the ground.

"How did. . .?" Toriel just seemed overall shocked and, based on a hint in her tone, a bit angry?

"I-I'm so happy that y-you're alive!" I narrowly managed as Papyrus put both of us down.

"I'm happy to be alive too," She laughed with humor.

Toriel stood up, brushing herself off, looking at Frisk as if she were the undead.

"How did you do that?" There was a hint of hostility in her tone.

"Determination, I suppose?" Frisk sounded confused herself.

Toriel sighed and shook her head, laughing to herself a little bit, "Even if it does technically break the cycle of life and death, I'm happy that you're here."

She took Frisk into a hug, them having a bit of a moment. When they pulled apart I realized something.

"Chara. She's still out there--"

"SANS, DON'T JINX IT!"

"I think we all need to know with that murder baby on the loose!" I turned to Frisk, "No disrespect."

She shrugged, "She deserves it."

"GUYS, STOP RAMBLING! WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DEAL WITH HER IF IT COMES TO THAT. . ." Papyrus already sounded like he was pondering it.

"It will, knowing her," Frisk pfft-ed the idea that her sister would not make a dramatic return.

"Well, what can we do? She's obviously strong. . ." Toriel joined in on the conversation, putting a hand to her head as if she had a headache.

"NOT STRONGER THAN THE FORCES OF LIFE AND DEATH THEMSELVES! RIGHT?"

Both Toriel and I gave him a look of sympathy.

"WELL IF YOU GUYS CAN'T DEFEAT HER THEN WE'RE DONE FOR."

"You just said don't jinx it." Frisk elbowed Papyrus playfully, making them both laugh for a few seconds.

"Then, what are we to do?" Toriel pondered.

There was a long-lived silence, either everyone thinking or not knowing what to say. Probably a mixture of the both.

"WHAT IF WE LURED HER SOMEWHERE? CORNER HER OR SOMETHING? YOU KNOW, PUSH HER OVER THE EDGE SOMEHOW, EITHER FIGURATIVELY OR LITERALLY."

"She is one of the strongest minded people I knew, she won't break as easily as I did. Besides, how are we supposed to break her mentally? Bait her with something? She doesn't care about anything. . ."

"Except for revenge," I spoke up, feeling a mischevious grin spread across my face.

"SANS--"

"That's her weakness. We could lure her with someone, either Frisk, Toriel, or I, and then we can attack. We'd have to think of a plan and, a few hundred backup plans in case something goes wrong, but we could do it. We've done it before." I made eye contact with each of them, hoping that would encourage them.

"BUT THAT WAS BEFORE SHE HAD THIS MUCH STRENGTH. AND WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMETHING DOES GO SOUTH? WE DON'T NEED ANYONE DYING. AGAIN."

I saw Toriel borderline glare at Papyrus for that one before turning her attention back to the current conversation.

"If it goes south then we deal with the problem. There's always a chance things can go south. We live in a realm of Gods of Death, there's a small chance that things will go right." I crossed my arms, leaning against the wall behind me.

"So, uh. . . What's the plan, then?" Frisk asked, seeming awkward about it suddenly.

"WHAT ABOUT THIS."

A/N: Oh my goodness I am back from the dead. Exams were actual hell because stress and studying but hey, my average was in the low 70's, and so I didn't fail any of my classes hahahaha.

Besides that, next week I should be back to my normal update schedule for the most part. Alright.

Stay glitchy my glitches, because those imperfections are beautiful.

~ Anonymous Glitch