Shaking Up the New Year - an Interlude

"Seb, this is a magnificent ring!" Sebastian Rosser looked up from his paper. It wasn't Topaz screaming his name, although she should have been resting from when he had her screaming his name earlier. No, that voice was coming from Clark Pinot, holding up the blue box that contained the one present he hadn't given Topaz last week. What was he thinking when he invited the rowdy man to stay with him for the holidays? Now, as New Year's was upon them, Clark had been overly anxious to begin celebrating. Sebastian told Clark his big plan and it took bribery and a lot of free food for him to keep Clark's mouth shut.

"Clark, cork it will you? Topaz is taking a nap." Sebastian snatched the ring and slid it into his pocket.

"No, Topaz is not." Sebastian turned to look at the woman who made his world turn. Topaz Sinclair, as she stood in the doorway in his flannel pajamas, was everything he hoped to find in a woman, and he'd spent the past year making sure she knew it. Her mahogany skin glowed and she looked well loved with her beautiful black hair flying around her head. Groaning, Sebastian knew he had to keep the ring out of her sight and his hands off of her for most of the night. New Year's Eve was going to be their busiest night of the year. Ever since they decided to merge his catering business with her disc jockey business, Blue Rosser Entertainment had more than enough clients to keep them busy. There was nothing like being able to wake up next to the woman you love and work with her all day, although it made getting work done damn difficult.

"Hey, why are you up? The party isn't for another four hours." Sebastian walked up to his woman and planted a kiss on her head.

"I know, it's only four hours. I've got playlists to go through and outfits to decide on. You can't let me sleep!" Sebastian laughed at her tone. She was always riled up and always changing things.

"She wouldn't have lasted one minute in our unit Seb. We plan things, we have an order, we stick to the plan." Sebastian rolled his eyes at Clark. To imagine that he was worried that Topaz would prefer his lively friend over his quiet demeanor had been extremely ill placed. Sebastian could admit he was a jealous soul, and growing up, Clark seemed to have all the charisma and charm that women fawned over. Not his Topaz. She took one look at Clark when he stepped out of the baggage claim at the airport and said to him, Funny, I thought you'd be taller from the way you talk. Clark had never been put down by a female and especially not one like Topaz.

"No I wouldn't have lasted one minute with you Clark. I would've been in lockdown for shooting a colleague." Topaz said as she curled her arms around Sebastian's waist. They'd been having these little spats like brother and sister since Clark arrived. She'd called Clark's black hair plain and that his violet colored eyes looked like they belonged on a woman rather than a man. The awestruck expression on Clark's face at Topaz's list of his shortcomings had Sebastian howling in laughter. When Topaz's friend Justine had started taking jabs at Clark, Clark decided to stay in the States for a while. Since, according to Clark, American women need to experience a real English gentleman. There was nothing important in London as Clark had explained it. Sebastian knew better, he knew that Clark had set his eyes on Justine. Sebastian was glad for it though. It meant that Clark viewed Topaz as a sister and that his best friend would be in town for a little while longer.

"Ok now you two, no fighting for the New Year." Sebastian looked down at his treasure and he knew that there was no place he would rather be. They were thrown together last year and he'd been thanking whoever was listening that he decided to take that last minute catering job. He looked down at his woman and smiled. "What do you need from me today baby?" Sebastian said, looking in her brown eyes. He could never get enough at looking at her, ever.