Chapter 1 - New Life of Mythology

Chapter 1New Life of Mythology•••

Chapter 1
New Life of Mythology
•••

Two kids, seated far away from one another, were deemed as special. They were in a boarding school for "mental health cases". They weren't mental though, they were quite normal for what they truly were. They both had ADHD and dyslexia. They both had been kicked out of many boarding schools.

What they didn't know is that this was perfectly normal, they were perfectly normal. Hunter, a sharp, strong boy with muscles he didn't work for and fire-colored hair mixed with his almost black eyes, started tapping his pencil, waiting for time to pass. He enjoyed singing but this song was absolutely boring. Jasmine, a witty, straightforward girl with midnight colored locks of hair and crystal colored blue eyes, quickly noticed the noise, before anyone else, and turned around to glare at him, who sat four rows behind her.

They were both called half-bloods. One of their parents is a god and another was completely normal. Of course, they didn't know that. A growl escaped Jasmine's lips, "Quit tapping your pencil please," she demanded.

Hunter rolled his eyes, obviously used to this girl's high demands and quit tapping his pencil.

"Thank you."

Hunter rolled his eyes again, "Yeah whatever."

Suddenly, the two saw something. A flicker in the teacher. It wasn't a normal flicker, it showed something. A monster, neither of the two reconized. What was it? A siren, but they didn't know that. May I mention, that they were in music class, a perfect position for a siren, who could use her voice to put anyone in a trance.

Jasmine and Hunter just blinked and looked at each other but shrugged. Jasmine attempted to continue singing but her voice cracked. Their teacher, Miss Gella, glared at Jasmine, "What are you doing?"

"My voice cracked, sorry miss."

Miss Gella glared at Jasmine but continued on teaching, complimenting Hunter, who's voice was amazing. Jasmine sighed, in jealousy and continued singing. The class was soon over though, and everyone got up to leave.

    "Jasmine? Can I talk to you for a moment?" Miss Gella asked.

    "Like I have a choice," Jasmine muttered.

    "Hmm? What did you say?"

    A sharp intake of breath, "N-nothing."

    And so Jasmine waited for everyone to leave the classroom before turning to her teacher. Miss Gella pointed over to the sound-proof spot in the classroom, and Jasmine joined her, guessing that this was private; most likely about her grades.
Another flicker in the teacher, and she saw that awful monster again. Jasmine blinked.

    "Miss Wildflower, did you see something in class today?"

    "No...?"

    Miss Gella flickered again, "are you sure?"
    Jasmine took a step backwards. She gulped as she questioned her teacher, "u-uh, what...what...?"

    Her teacher grinned, turning into that monster again, "Jasmine Wildflower, such a pretty name for a pretty girl, too bad it's your end."

    "W-what are you?" Jasmine had never been so scared in her life, and she had never stuttered so much. Her teacher just smirked, "Your worst nightmare."

    Jasmine snorted. She started "coughing" but soon revealed her loud laughter. "You? My worst nightmare? That's funny! I may not be a good singer, but I am not scared of my music teacher, who ended up being a bird that really needs a bra."

    The siren (also known as Miss Gella) crossed her arms over her chest, obviously uncomfortable. "UGH! You're going to pay for this Half-Blood!"

    "I already have been, by going to your awful class."

    And suddenly Hunter came into the room, having heard the whole conversation, seeing as he was about to ask his music teacher a question. Hunter raised his eyebrow. "What the hell?"

    "This is our music teacher. She's a bird with a "great" voice."

    "THAT IS NOT TRUE! MY VOICE IS BEAUTIFUL! I'VE KILLED MANY WITH MY VOICE FOOL!" The siren roared.

    "Dang, you're proud about your voice being so bad that people commit? That's really low, even for you, miss-birdy-thingy."

    "I'll have you know I'm a siren."

    Hunter watched amused. "Did I come at a bad time? Cause I really wish I brought some popcorn."

   "Nah, I'm still just wondering why she's not wearing a top."

    "Prepare to die dumb Half-Blood."

    Jasmine finally had a bad feeling about the siren and grabbed Hunter's hand making him blush a bright red.

    "Come on, we need to go," said Jasmine, dragging the muscular Hunter with her. They ran, through the hallways of school and went to where the dorms were.

    "Pack," stated Jasmine, "pack as quick as you can, then meet me in the center room of this floor."

    Hunter nodded and the two began to pack their clothes and any items they wanted.
When they were done, the met in the place mentioned. Jasmine shivered. "What do we do now?"

Hunter raised his eyebrow, "What do you mean what do we do now? I was following your lead!"

Jasmine groaned, "Umm, do you want to go back home... no we can't do that, my parents would never believe the story and just send me back. Hmm, wait!"

'WHAT?" Hunter almost shouted, anxiety kicking in.

"There's a strawberry farm only a mile away. I think I remember how to get there."

Hunter sighed in relief. "That's a good idea, it would give us good and shelter."

"Yup, and I think it's completely abandoned."

Hunter smirked, "Time to break in."

•••
Sneak Peek at Next Chappie:
"Hunter!" Jasmine screamed
----------------------------------------
"Camp?" Jasmine questioned...

FIRST CHAPTER COMPLETED MY FRIENDS!
•Ito_and_Echo•
•Marissa and Ava•

FIRST CHAPTER COMPLETED MY FRIENDS!•Ito_and_Echo••Marissa and Ava•