Chapter 10

The end is almost near,
Yet the Chosiara are not yet here.
If Curiosity really is the key,
Will it unlock what it's supposed to be?
••••••••••

"Cyprio?" Xia and Xy said in unison while Cyprio also said their names, more like Xy's name because he called Xia "The Epic Thrower", surprised to see them.

As planned, by Xyther, he stayed for awhile and had a little conversation with Xia, Zalia and Cyprio.

Xia, still shocked of seeing the man he freed at Zalia's house, tries her best to listen to Zalia and Cyprio's explanation without thinking of other things worth stressing for.

She was told that Zalia and Cyprio are the Guardians of Zario falls. It was said that Cyprio's identity, like Zalia, have been replaced but their memory remained.

In the middle of their conversation, the ground started shaking, stronger than the first one. All of them were looking intensely at each other and by the look of their faces, they already know what's behind those tremors. Xyther was asked to stay in Xia's room to keep an eye on her and he did.

Xyther and Xia were just talking about random things in her room when Midsy flew to her and dropped 3 feathers, dumbfounding Xia. She knew that she'll regain more memories with those 3 feathers but she didn't expect that she'll receive them all at once.

Midsy is almost running out of feathers and Xia doesn't know what'll happen if it loses all its feathers.

It took her long enough before she decided to take the 3 feathers all together as memories came rushing in her mind.

"I have to do this or all of us will die." She willingly said to sacrifice her own life for her world's sake. An

"Thou must never separate,
All together you are strong;
But sacrifices must be made.
Decisions shouldn't be made alone,
United minds will never be wrong.
Lives will be saved,
Or all will be ventured.
The clock is ticking,
Time is running.
It's now or never,
And regret forever.
Memories for people,
Identities for spirits,
Souls for souls," They read the content of the scroll of prophecies, the scroll where prophecies only appear on time of occurrence.

"A decision has to be made." all of them looked at her as she speak "And my life, I'm willing to exchange. " but they disagreed. They know it doesn't have to be like that but that's the only option they have at the moment. Until a guy with blue and gray stood up "I won't allow that to happen. I'm your guardian, your life won't end until I'm breathing. I'll sacrifice my own, it's my duty." He said without any hesitation.

A girl with tantalizing midnight blue eyes spoke "Read and understand the prophecy again. It says that united minds will never be wrong and decisions shouldn't be made alone. Until all of us haven't agreed on any of the suggestions, it is wrong." All nodded in agreement as she continued. "And death isn't the answer for it says, 'memories for people, identities for spirits, souls for souls'. Our memories, identities and souls will be sacrificed and not our lives but I don't know how to sacrifice our soul without us dying."

All remained quiet, thinking of ways to save Dreaux without them dying, until Xia spoke. "Then will forget our identities, or at least replace them, forget our memories and renew our soul?" Silence were all over the place for they were busy thinking until one by one agreed to it.

Midsy flew off to somewhere they don't know while Xia was left there, confused with who she really was, with Xy.

Meanwhile Midsy is on its way to the other side of Dreaux to help the shadow Xia saw earier by restoring some of its memories with its magical feathers.

When the shadow touched the feather Midsy had given, it lit up. And standing before Midsy's eyes was a guy. A guy with black hair that highlights his blue and white eyes which goes perfectly with his peach complexion. "I am Anateus." He said as he was back to his old and real self and with that, Midsy flew away knowing that its work there was done.

A couple of days have already passed since the tremor occured and Xyther still stays at Xia's room. She weren't suppose to get out of bed if she wouldn't hear any knocks on her door. "Xia, get up. We'll have breakfast."

Xy comes out of the bathroom just in time and with that, Xia stood up and entered the bathroom to wash her face. She gazed at the mirror and saw that her face was well-cleaned but noticed that her hair looks like it was hit by storms and tornadoes so she tied it up into a messy bun.

After their breakfast, they started to get ready for school. For Auxemy, today is quite an important day because today is exam day. The day to determine who will advance to the next level and who will remain. Xia had been studying with Xyther, since he was still staying in her room to watch her, for their exam. Xyther is  a Connoisseur.

The exams weren't hard, well at least for Xia they weren't because she studied the lessons and pointers that were given to them. It's like she knows all the answers to the questions to the point that she could answer with her eyes closed. She was the first to pass the exam making all her classmates, even her teacher, turn to her astonished.

"Done double-checking your answers?" She nodded. "You may now leave. The results will be posted anytime soon. It will be posted at the announcements' section by the main hall." She went to the cafeteria to eat her sandwich when the ground started to shake.

"All faculty members please proceed to the office immediately. Attention, all students, remain calm it's all under control." The voice from the speakers said as the teachers hurriedly did what they were told to do, so did the students. Auxemy's students believed what they were told but Xia knows it wasn't under control, in fact it's far from being controlled so she followed the professors to where they were headed and it lead her to a secret office.

She carefully sneaked a peak in the room through the door that was left ajar.

"Dreaux is unstable because of losing its balance." Miss Dyzeen spoke while the others were listening. "And since the Choisiara are gone no one is maintaining its balance. If no one will maintain its balance, Dreaux will die and so are we." With that, the professors were left agape, not knowing what to say. Silence occupied the room until someone asked where the Choisiara are. "Neither were they lost nor they were found." Miss Dyzeen said which made them all confused. The professors didn't know that Xia was eavesdropping on their conversation,  but Miss Dyzeen knew she was there. "Curiosity is the key to remember what was forgotten." She said while keeping her eyes on Xia.