Chapter 4: The House Fire

Getting out of the car, I take off in a full sprint for the apartments when I notice Miss Nancy the elderly woman who lives directly below me waving at me, "Miss Nancy, did everyone get out of their apartments?" I ask her. "Everyone is accounted for except for Sasha and Mitch." she says pointing to the apart in the middle of the complex. "Alright, Miss Nancy please go and wait by my car. If something explodes it could cause the fire to explode outwards and if that happens..." I didn't finish my sentence as a loud boom erupted from the second floor apart beside mine, "Obice venti!" I shout, stepping in front of Miss Nancy as a sink smashes into the barrier I had just thrown up. As the fire dies back down I take off in a full sprint towards the apartment Miss Nancy had pointed out, running up to the front door I smash through it as a wave of heat hits me in the face. Throwing up my arm to shield my eyes from the heat I look around for Sasha and Mitch, hearing coughing coming from the bedroom farther in the apartment, I run towards the source of the sound, smashing through the door to their bathroom where Sasha and Mitch are huddled together in the bathtub, "Alright, come on you two. let's get you out of here before anything else explodes." I say helping them to their feet. As we make our way towards the front of the apartment another explosion shakes the building. Picking them both up I run out of the apartment and stop when I reached my car and set them both down. Turning to look at the apartments I can't help but stare as it starts to snow, causing the flames to die down, turning to look behind me, I see Madison chanting a spell and with each word the flames die down a little more until they are completely gone. Turning to look at me she nods. Nodding back I turn and run up the the second floor jumping over holes in the concrete here and there until I reach my apartment, busting down the door I hurry into the bedroom and throw the burnt remains of my bed against the wall, pulling back the false floor board and pulling out an old green canvas bag, slinging it over my shoulder I pull out my rifle, getting to my feet, and turning to go back to the car I stop and grab the photo of my mom and I off the dresser, as I walk towards the front of my apartment I notice a emblem burned into my wall. Taking note of it I walk back to the car, opening the trunk I drop my bag and rifle in and shut it, walking back around to the others. "Are you all ok?" I ask checking them all for burns, "Oh sweetie we are fine, worry about yourself, you've been taking care of us for years." Miss Nancy says smiling and hugging me. "Head to The Addiction, and tell Ceri I sent you. I'm sure she will be glad to help you out if you explain what happened." I say before handing Miss Nancy a roll of hundreds. "Use this to buy food and clothing." I say before grabbing Madison's hand and leading her back to the car. Walking around and getting back in the car I back out of the parking lot and turn onto the highway heading for Frost towers.