Summertime Sadness (Atem/Yami x Reader)

I got my red dress on tonight. Dancing in the dark in the pale moonlight. Done my hair up real big beauty queen style.

"(Y/N), what are you doing?"

"I'm just dancing." You say to your friend. He sighed. 

"I thought you said you needed to tell me something. Guess I'll just leave then." he said turning to leave.

High heels off, I'm feeling alive.

"Wait!" you yelled, pulling on his arm.

Oh my God, I feel it in the air.

He pauses to look back at you. Something in his eyes made you gasp.

Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare.

Suddenly, the two of you hear a noise. He pulls you back behind him. "Long time no see Pharaoh." a voice sneers. Next all you see is fire surrounding you, separating you from your crush.

Honey I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere.

"No, Atem!" you shout, watching helplessly as he turned to face the Thief King. "You will pay for harming (Y/N)!" He yells.

"I haven't harmed her. Yet. Come Pharaoh, duel me for her safety if you're so worried about her!" The bandit cried, smirking at the pharaoh.

"Very well."

------Le time skip brought to you by fluffy Bakura---

"No!" how could this happen?! Atem is losing! That's it, I'm getting out of this burning ring of fire (and it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Slaps self. Sorry, had to. XD) and heklping him!

Nothing scares me anymore.

"(Y/N) no, you'll get hurt!" its too late, you've already ran through the flames towards him. You had only suffered a few minor burns and was ready to beat the Thief King into a pulp.

"Atem, don't worry about me. Let's beat this freak together." you say joining his side.

"(Y/N)...." he trails off, but then shakes his head and smiles at you. He knows it would be pointless to argue with you when you were this determined, not to mention flaming-hot mad. (Sorry, had to do another fire reference. I'll stop now.) He faces Bakura with you by his side, happy you're with him. After all, he was nothing without you.

Kiss me hard before you go, summertime sadness.

"No (Y/N)!" Atem dashes to your side. You had thrown yourself in the way of the blast that could have hit Atem. "What were you thinking! I'm not ready to lose you." He yells holding you in his arms. You smile weakly and say:

"I just wanted you to know, that baby you're the best." You say, fading away.

"Noooooo!"

I got that summertime, summertime sadness. I got that summertime, summertime sadness. I got that summertime, summertime sadness, oh oah oh oh. (x2)

In the future

I'm feeling electric tonight, cruising down the coast going 'bout 99. Got my bad baby by my heavenly side, I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight.

You were going over to your friend's house, wondering what they were talking about. Slightly earlier, you had gotten a text from Yugi that sounded kind of urgent.

Oh my God, I feel it in the air. Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare.

Before you knew it, you were at Yugi's house. "What's the emergency!" you shout, running in through his open door. "oh hey (Y/N), nothing really. I just wanted you to meet someone." Yugi said, gesturing towards the other person in the room.

Honey I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere. 

He looked like Yugi, if Yugi was taller, sexier, and had a deeper voice, that is. "Hello (Y/N). Yugi's told me alot about you." He said, shaking your hand. You blushed slightly. "N-nice to meet you. How do you know Yugi? He's never told me about you before." You ask. He laughed, a sound that made you happy for some odd reason. Yes he looked like Yugi, but you felt like you knew him from before...

Nothing scares me anymore. 

He explained how he was Yugi's older brother Yami, and that he had been attending a school in (wherever is furthest from you),  and that was probably why Yugi never mentioned him. By that time the two of you were alone, Yugi had left you two saying that he needed to finish some summer school homework before school started. Suddenly, Yami leaned forward and kissed you. Surprised, you kissed back, feeling oddly happy.

Kiss me hard before you go, summertime sadness.  

He pulled back, ending the kiss too soon in your opinion. "Sorry, I don't know what came over me." he said blushing. Blushing yourself, you brought you're lips to his. He was surprised, but kissed back eagerly. Soon, the two of you had to pull back for air.

I just wanted you to know, that baby you're the best.

"You know, I don't think I have summertime sadness anymore." You say grinning.

Dang, i spent time on that. I hope you liked it!