Chapter 5

Garnets POV:

It didn't take long to reach the town. I walked instead of taking the carriage, the feeling of the wind flowing past my hair - grazing against my cheek, calms me. I stop and take in the vast expanse of the town. Breathing for a blissful second before being consumed by the hustle and bustle of the people, carrying on with their daily lives.  It's then that I realize or you could say accept that one day these people will be my people and I will rule beside I prince that a do not love nor feel the smallest ounce of feelings towards. My feet walk me towards the town, towards the water flowing in the fountain, I feel detached from them, living with my eyes as they search my surroundings.

Blue petals fall delicately from the roses - a fake bliss of happiness swirls around me. 

My bliss is shortly lived.

A scream echo's throughout the town - a terrifying, spine shivering, high pitched squeal coming from a blonde, red-cheeked  girl across the road from where I stand. I groan searching for the handsome man that caused such a disrupt in my peace. And there I stand oblivious to sound of a carriage pulling up behind me and the increase in speed of the people around. Its not until I turn back around adamant the girl had no reason to make such a sound, that I see what I could only describe as a psychedelic symphony of colour walking across the road.  Our eyes meet and I feel my cheeks fire up with a warm blaze of rouge. A hand flies to my cheeks embarrassment coloring my face, but his eyes are so alluring, addictive drawing me In further and trapping me in his gaze. He stands before me a smug smile printed on his face and I smile up through my lashes.

" Hello babe"

Instantly, as quickly as a candle flickering in the wind I regain my sense of pride.

"No thank you" I say turning quickly on my heels. Intent on being distracted from my task no longer.