The Tattooist

She turned around, her hands slightly trembling beside her. She faltered backwards when her eyes met him. How had she not realised their close proximity.

Regret and anxiety overtook her mind, 'dear heaven, why did I come here again?'.

He simply stood there, his tall frame domineering the room. The shirt he wore wasn't doing much to hide every defined muscle on his body. Tattoos rolled down his arms and neck, disappearing behind the flimsy piece of clothing. She couldn't help but stare in awe.

"Answer me", the coldness of his tone brought her back to reality. His arms crossed over his chest, causing the inked drawings to spring to life with the movement. Her eyes hesitantly climbed up to meet his burning gaze.

"I came to get a tattoo." Though it had sounded more like a question, she felt relieved that the words had even left her mouth.

His eyes narrowed and his fist clenched over his chest. His gaze became dark, she felt vulnerable, like he was looking into her soul. She shifted on her feet, not able to keep steady under his weighing gaze.

She wouldn't be here if it weren't for him. She had never considered getting a tattoo, hell it's the one thing that scared her to no extent. She just needed to talk to him, ask him for help. But the second he looked at her, she'd lost the nerve to do so.

"No"

She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. Suddenly she felt the urge to flee. This was a mistake and she knew it the second she walked in.

His form grew taller as he neared. She tried to swallow her nerves but they only seemed to grow with every stride he took. He stopped inches away from her.

"You are not getting a tattoo" the icey blue in his eyes intensified.

"W-why?" she stuttered. He was too close, she gathered all her courage to reach up and push him away from her, attempting to create the least bit of distance between them. Her hands settled on his shirt, quickly distracted by the warm surface that lied beneath. He didn't budge.

Next thing she knew a hand grabbed her waist and pulled her into a stone chest, an audible gasp left her lips in surprise. Before she could utter a protest he'd pushed her up against the wall, one arm circled around her torso while the other rested lazily on the wall beside her head. Her body shook, adrenaline coursing through her veins as he leaned in closer.

She turned her face to the side, eyes squeezed tighly shut, not sure what he was planning to do. For some reason she awaited the sharp sting of a slap, or the uncomfortable force of his lips on her skin. But none of it came. Instead his cool breath calmly fanned her temple.

"If I see your body-" she gulped, able to feel the burn of his stare as he spoke,

"-tainted-" his voice was raspy and painfully low as his palm caressed her cheek, trailing down her neck until it fell on the curves on her side.

"-in any way-"

"I'll kill the person who did it"